Admitted student's day attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datdentalnerd

Reaction score
I was wondering what is the proper attire to wear for an admitted student's day. Since there is no direct faculty interaction for the most part, should we wear a formal suit, or is jeans, cardigan, dress top/ blouse acceptable? I assume there will be a lot of walking and would like to be comfortable but still well-dressed.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering what is the proper attire to wear for an admitted student's day. Since there is no direct faculty interaction for the most part, should we wear a formal suit, or is jeans, cardigan, dress top/ blouse acceptable? I assume there will be a lot of walking and would like to be comfortable but still well-dressed.
dress professionally, does not need to be full on interview attire, but you should not stand out and be "that guy/girl"
there will likely be picture taking and presentations
there may be informal faculty/staff interactions, and i would bet that the student services/admissions staff and perhaps the dean and/or assistant deans may check in
yes, comfortable walking shoes are necessary
there will be a range of attire, so anything goes, but it's best not to stand out to your new classmates/upperclassmen/faculty/staff

Reactions: 1 users
Business casual is a safe bet, you can also ask your classmates what they're doing and/or current students

Reactions: 1 user