Admissions Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fbplayr75

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on a putting in my applications next fall,

I was wondering, is there anything that any of you did to make yourself a more competative applicant before applying?

For those that might know, what are most schools looking for? (I realize each school is different)

Anyways, I would appreciate any help you guys and girls could give

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Some are all about academic credentials (GRE, gpa, etc.) while others want to see a lot of observation epxerience. Look into the schools you're applying too, figure out what the previous years acceptance gpa/GRE scores are, and look into what the programs goals are. Some are big on research, others on pro bono. Each school is pretty different. My biggest advice is to check the school acceptance procedures. A lot of schools have switched to rolling admission. If thats the case, get your application in the first day they start accepting. Good luck

I was not the typical PT student that my college was admitting. I went to a community college for 2 years and then worked as a PT Aide for a year before I applied. I knew I wanted to go into this profession and I also enjoyed science. The school I attended was looking for students who definitely knew PT was what they wanted and it wasn't just because they thought it was good profession after receiving PT services yourself. They also wanted to ensure that they were admitting students who enjoyed and excelled at science courses.