Admission to Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daysinnnc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

My cousin is an international dentist from India who completed her BDS in 2015 and completed 3 months of internship with a general dentist. Currently, she is pursuing MHA at Suffolk University. I heard it is becoming very competitive pursuing DDS.

What are her chances of getting into DDS program in the US? Her current stat is below:

BDS completed in November 2015
BDS GPA: 2.8
NBDE 1: Not yet taken
NBDE 2 Not yet taken
MHA GPA: 3.87
Research Publication: None
Dental Volunteering in USA: 6 months
Dental Shadowing in USA: 8 months

Members don't see this ad.

she has to finish the national board exams first

Members don't see this ad :)
2.8 is too low for an Indian candidate.
Doing MHA is not of much help when you apply to IDP. GPA of 3.87 for a master's program in a less known university is not impressive at all.
I'm curious was she graduated from a private dental college or a public one in India?

Doing MHA is not of much help when you apply to IDP. GPA of 3.87 for a master's program in a less known university is not impressive at all.
I'm curious was she graduated from a private dental college or a public one in India?
How should be the ideal GPA for an Indian candidate?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using SDN mobile

Any news from Temple university? How many interviews are sent ?

Thank you for your response. She graduated from Private institution from Bangalore.

So if she passes her board exam with good score, will that make her application competitive?
Boards are pass/fail. But if she passes both first try, is better then if she takes multiple tries