Admission Req to Carribean School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspdoc10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have bachelors in computer science with a 2.9 GPA from the university and 3.54 from the community college course work. I also have a 4.0 on all my pre-med course work ( all taken at community colleges). What are my chances of getting into the carribean med school. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Members don't see this ad.

aspdoc10 said:
I have bachelors in computer science with a 2.9 GPA from the university and 3.54 from the community college course work. I also have a 4.0 on all my pre-med course work ( all taken at community colleges). What are my chances of getting into the carribean med school. Thanks in advance for the replies.
You will get in. For all caribbean schools except SGU, all you need is at least a 2.0 and an MCAT of at least 20. If you have this then you will most likely get in. Good luck. :luck:

Ignore Luck, he's just an idiot who had neither the grades for u.s. med school nor the fortitude for caribbean med school so he had to content himself with a second-rate obscure niche of the medical profession no one gives a rat's ass about and he's bitter.

SGU, Ross, and AUC all require the MCAT (because a 4 at a comm college is not hard and the mcat is the great equalizer)

if you don't take the mcat, i would say saba and st matthews would be two good options.

even if you do take the mcat, keep in mind the science gpa will be viewed in the light of being done at a comm college (not that there's anything wrong with that, just the way it is)

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sandeep2000 said:
Ignore Luck, he's just an idiot who had neither the grades for u.s. med school nor the fortitude for caribbean med school so he had to content himself with a second-rate obscure niche of the medical profession no one gives a rat's ass about and he's bitter.
It is obvious you don't know me. My 32S and 3.6 gpa could have easily landed me a spot at an MD school in the US if I would have applied. You on the other hand probably have had far less success in your academic career seeming as you are barely trying to get into a caribbean school. :laugh:

I would be careful about what you say about DOs because it may come to bite you in the ass. ;)

Sandeep2000 said:
so he had to content himself with a second-rate obscure niche of the medical profession no one gives a rat's ass about and he's bitter.

Although I don't always agree with Luck, who the F**K do you think you are?

OnMyWayThere said:
:laugh: My thoughts exactly. :thumbup:

OnMyWayThere said:

I don't know any of you, and I agree. That was an unfounded response.

It is wise to listen to people who are actually involved in the Caribbean application process. Certain people feel better by knocking others education. Just ignore them. Listen to people who have been through the process.

The community college credits will be looked down upon somewhat. But you have a decent GPA for a very difficult major. What matters most is that your overall be a 3.0 or above, which looks like it is. Plus, a 4.0 is a decent Premed GPA. Even at a community college, it takes effort to do that.

Get at least a 20 on your MCAT, make a good application, and you will be in one of the big 3.

My opinion...

Aucdoctobe said:
Get at least a 20 on your MCAT, make a good application, and you will be in one of the big 3.

My opinion...
Ok to be honest I was joking when I said to get at least a 20. I guess I was unintentionally right though since the above poster also said get at least a 20. :laugh:

Give me a break, a 20 to get into one of the big three? Weren't you the one that said it is hard to get into one of the big three and you should be proud of your accomplishment? For your information, a 20 on your MCAT is one whole standard deviation below the average, which is a 24.

It is pathetic if the big three are actually letting people in with a 20 MCAT and it does show that any chump who didn't study for the MCAT and gets a 20 can walk into the caribbean. :thumbdown:

Luck said:
Ok to be honest I was joking when I said to get at least a 20. I guess I was unintentionally right though since the above poster also said get at least a 20. :laugh:

Give me a break, a 20 to get into one of the big three? Weren't you the one that said it is hard to get into one of the big three and you should be proud of your accomplishment? For your information, a 20 on your MCAT is one whole standard deviation below the average, which is a 24.

It is pathetic if the big three are actually letting people in with a 20 MCAT and it does show that any chump who didn't study for the MCAT and gets a 20 can walk into the caribbean . :thumbdown:

Hey Luck,

Actually, no you weren't on the right track.

SGU has an average MCAT of 26 and GPA of 3.3 (I haven't checked into the other 2)

The poster said "get at least a 20"...

I've heard people say "get at least a 21 for DO schools". Does that mean if you get a 21, "that any chump who didn't study for the MCAT and gets a 21 can walk into " a DO school. HECK NO! The same with the schools you referred to above.

Quit putting people down and making yourself look so insecure about your pursuit to Osteopathy. It really doesn't help the cause. really, it doesn't.

OnMyWayThere said:
I've heard people say "get at least a 21 for DO schools". Does that mean if you get a 21, "that any chump who didn't study for the MCAT and gets a 21 can walk into " a DO school. HECK NO! The same with the schools you referred to above.
You're never going to hear anyone say get at least a 21 for DO school. What are you smoking. They'll say get at least a 24 but never below. The fact is it is more difficult to get into any DO school than a caribbean school. :smuggrin:

Luck said:
The fact is it is more difficult to get into any DO school than a caribbean school. :smuggrin:

That's true but what you said before is not true... people who don't study for the MCAT and get a 20 don't just walk in to one of those Carribean schools that are on topic. That's just baloney.

Oh, and ModelCitizen got into a DO school and not into SGU, something to think about before you type this nonsense.

Moral of the story, respect other people's decisions and hard work in making their dream come true.

Okay Luck,

You have made your feelings towards the Caribbean very clear. But you are never going to win approaching others the way that you do. You only look insecure about your own choices.

I will go out of character and tell you how I feel about DO's. They are great doctors. My primary is a DO, and he is the best family practice doctor that I know.

Guess what? Unlike you, he is extremely secure about his own education. His son is a second year at Ross University. The doctor greatly encouraged me to go to the Caribbean.

You have a thing or two to learn about respect. Then, you have a few issues to resolve in terms of your own security/self worth. Hopefully, a little introspection can teach you some dearly needed manners.

OnMyWayThere said:
That's true but what you said before is not true... people who don't study for the MCAT and get a 20 don't just walk in to one of those Carribean schools that are on topic. That's just baloney.

Oh, and ModelCitizen got into a DO school and not into SGU, something to think about before you type this nonsense.
So I did a search on modelcitizen's posts. You will see that DrMom proved him wrong and he probably was lying. You can't believe everything anyone says on this board. Here-http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=1092958#post1092958 on post #54. I certainly believe a moderator over some anonymous person.

I respect other people's decisions but I say it how it is. It is a piece of cake to get into a caribbean school and that's all there is to it. Any fool can get a 20 on the mcat and could walk into AUC or Ross (notice I didn't say SGU). Some schools don't even require the MCAT. That is a joke.

Aucdoctobe said:
Okay Luck,

You have made your feelings towards the Caribbean very clear. But you are never going to win approaching others the way that you do. You only look insecure about your own choices.

I will go out of character and tell you how I feel about DO's. They are great doctors. My primary is a DO, and he is the best family practice doctor that I know.

Guess what? Unlike you, he is extremely secure about his own education. His son is a second year at Ross University. The doctor greatly encouraged me to go to the Caribbean.

You have a thing or two to learn about respect. Then, you have a few issues to resolve in terms of your own security/self worth. Hopefully, a little introspection can teach you some dearly needed manners.
Both you guys have problems. I didn't even insult anyone. All I said is you can get in with a 2.0 and 20 MCAT. I was insulted there after. You yourself AUC said that you could get in with a 20 MCAT.

I am secure with my decision. Why are you all trying to make this about me analyzing me. Let's analyze you AUC. You create a dumb thread saying it's hard to get into a big three school which is obviously wrong. Sounds like you're insecure about what people think.

You people have to look at yourselves first instead of insulting me just because I speak the truth. So quick to insult and less to have a good defense of your argument. :rolleyes: