This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mathabhare

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with B.S in Health Science with uGPA 2.96 and sGPA 2.86. I still have to take Genetics and Biochemistry. Due to the D/F policy I cannot take anymore science classes at my university but I can take genetics and biochemistry at different location of the university. I am also looking at the post-bacc and masters program that can help me get into Dental or medical school.
I have struggled a lot during my B.S because I never had right guidelines and financial situation. I did everything on my own and have made many mistakes. Now I am really looking for one chance to improve my academic record so hopefully I can apply to dental or medical school one day.

I would really appreciate if you guys can give me some advice on what I should do. What kind of post-bacc program should I apply into or Should I just take genetics and biochemistry, Take DAT and really score high on and apply to dental school. Please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would call or email the dental schools that you are interested in and ask for their recommendations.

I am also looking at the post-bacc and masters program that can help me get into Dental or medical school.
First, you need to decide what field you want to go into. That's key.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to science masters program at universities that already have dental schools. These science masters program may offer similar or the same courses in dental school. There are NO guarantee acceptances from their dental schools if you get 3.8+ gpa at the end. I spoke to the Rutgers admissions officer once, and she has confirmed this.

In Touro, several people in my core science classes(i.e. Physiology, Biochemistry, and etc.) who have a conditional acceptance only if they get a B or higher in all these classes. Obviously, they don't take the dentistry related classes or the pre-clinic lab classes. One person said if they get an A in Biochemistry, then they don't have to retake Biochemistry during dental school. I can NOT confirm this, because I have only heard directly from these people.

You university seriously doesn't let you retake the class if you get a D/F? That's really silly if that's true assuming they allow retakes at all

You university seriously doesn't let you retake the class if you get a D/F? That's really silly if that's true assuming they allow retakes at all

They won't let you retake the classes for your major if you get 3 D/f and you have to change your major. I was Bio-med Major. I had financial situation and my uncle and my grand father passed away in same year and I really struggled in 3 of my science classes so they made me change my major. They said I can take science classes at different campus but not at my home campus. The other campuses don't offer the higher level science courses every semester. So I would have to wait till summer to take Bio-chem and probably fall to take genetics.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought dental schools wanted you to retake D/F's at original school?