adding wustl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robotdancing

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
School / Advisors Name / Comments

BEST ADVISORS:

University of Chicago / David Owen / He is very supportive and helpful, and most importantly he really knows what he's talking about.

UC Davis/The Entire Staff/I've had nothing but the best help with all the staff members and the two advisors at the UC Davis advising services. They made the whole process really easy for me from start to finish. They have a wide range of services that can help any pre-health profession applicant. I feel extremely fortunate that I had such assistance.

Cornell / Judy Jensvold / She is easy to talk to but tells it like it is. Judy holds info sessions just about every month on topics from studying for the MCAT to choosing schools to applying to interviewing to follow-up action (LOI, etc.). She really helps us to get started with this whole process and stay informed throughout the year.

Duke / Dr. Singer / Dr. Singer is and has been extremely helpful throughout-- I definitely would not be at where I am today without her advising as well as that of others on SDN.

UT Austin / Staff / I made it through 2.5 years without contacting the office even once. The first advisor appointment I had with them proved to be quite useless but it was with a brand new advisor. Her name started with an A. But ever since I've started putting together my applications (tmdsas, amcas) with their help, (having them send out letters for me, etc) they've totally stayed on the ball. So I think they are efficient and productive but maybe not "qualitatively" helpful like SDN or a wise friend can be.

BEWARE:

Columbia / postbacc advisors / Columbia's postbacc advisors are incompetent and unfriendly. They have had some major problems with their program lately and I'd advise everyone to stay away. There are many other perfectly good postbacc programs out there.

Washington University / all pre-health advisors / Utterly incompetent and generally unhelpful. Unless you bug the crap out of them, nothing ever gets accomplished. (and even then, it's slow)

Members don't see this ad.

d'oh, i accidentally clicked "new thread" instead of "post reply" on the thread that this was supposed to be added to. please ignore said posts. :D