adding more schools after mcat scores....which ones to add?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spinestudent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've already sent in 3 secondaries(MCG, emory, and UVA) which didn't screen for mcat scores. There are another 7-9 schools(including EVMS, UAB, Mercer, VCU, Miami, Duke, Vanderbilt) which I've applied to but either haven't recieved a secondary from yet or just haven't completed the secondary yet.

I have a 32 mcat(11, 11, 10) and a 3.85 gpa from a small unknown state school. Little bit of research and the usual bit of hospital and hospice volunteering. I'm looking to add some schools to increase my chances. I don't want to go carribean. Which schools should I be looking to add considering the following factors:

1) it's late in the game to be adding schools to the amcas primary.
2) I don't want to fill out a lot of loooong secondaries
3) I'm going through a commercial LOR service so any schools that are strict about using their own forms for LORS would be out as would any schools with unusual lor requirements(1 bio, 1 phys, 1 chem, 1 humanities, etc). really just prefer schools that are looking for 3 total letters or 2 academic letters and one personal referance....

So what are the schools I should be looking at? I'm just looking to make sure I don't have to go carrib......

Members don't see this ad.

Don't rule out other top 20 schools just because of your small school credentials. I also go to a no-name small liberal arts school and received interview invites from Yale, Mayo, U of Michigan, and Penn. I would add some more top 20 schools maybe two more, and some low tier schools that you would be happy at ....