ADC clinical exam prep and info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,
I'm an old member but not been in touch for the past 2-3 months.I've cleared the ADC preliminary exams in march 2006 and have applied to take the ADC clinical exms in July 2007.My exams start from Sep.2007.Please post or mail me any info. for the Clinical exams.I'm in Australia.Hope to get a lot of info. from u guys! Cheers.:) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

hi tassie,
ive read many of yr posts!all u seniors dissappeared since last few months!dr. amol too is busy.u say uve appplied 4 the 2007 july clinicals,then u say yr exams start from sep 2007!!i dont quite get that!wat do u mean!:cool:
and hey did u take up any otc.?was is worthwhile?do let us know!
all d best 4 yr prepration!
cheers,
payal

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am also appearing for the part2 exam this summer.

Andreas

Hi,

I am also appearing for the part2 exam this summer.

Andreas
thankyou andreas..u hav helped alot of us with ur suggestions.got my part 1 results today and i hav cleared.thanks for all the help in sdn and adc yahoo groups.all nthe best for ur part 2

hello frnds..joind da forum recently..can any1 plz tell me bout aider n otc melbourne..r these two da same ...ive cleard my oet..will b goin down under tis july..thanks

Dear Andreas, tassie, king tut, dr.Amol and the many others in the former thread.
First I would like to thank the veterans of that forum for sharing their knowledge, that helped me too in getting through the preliminary exam. Even though I found it difficult to recall the test questions I would like to share with the coming generation the study material I used.
The books were:
Cawson for the SAQ, NBDE 2004 for finding out the weak spots, and Master Dentistry 1&2.
I've read those books cover to cover. In addition where neccesary I've read
additional material mainly from essentials in oral pathology, that was where I lacked the most.
As many applicants posted before the MCQ should only guide you on the format of the test. The question bank has many errors and taking it for granted might mislead you.
I wish the best of luck to the those attending the test this summer.
yours Newsmile

Hi everyone ;
Anyone can help me about the OTC
For the pre of ADC clinical exam, do you think OTC is necessay? What was the success rate to pass the clinical exam If one accomplished the OTC?
I also know another program for overseas dentist to pre for ADC clinical exam in university of Adelaide. It is a 18 months part time program,the candidate can work 3 days per week. the students will be award clincal dentistry diploma and also get payed about A$ 30,000 per annum for their part time work. Do you know something more about this program.Why no one talk about this programe. Is the OTC better than thisprogram?

Could anyone help me? My e-mail [email protected]
If anyone want know the detail of 18months part time training program for overseas dentist in Adelaide,you can give me a e-mail

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help that I got in clearing my OET first and now ADC Preliminary exam.:thumbup:

Realize that now the biggest challenge is ahead and find myslef wondering what to do next... what study materials and training courses to look for...I am not in Australia and planning for something there is another challenge...

Can somebody suggest where to start and what to do....

Thanks in advance and Good Luck to all preparing for ADC clinical!

Thanks

Hi Everybody,
Sorry i'm replying after a long time.Busy with my semester exams.I have my ADC final exams this sep at Adelaide. I had applied for the July intake but could get exam date for sep only and Adelaide as all the other centres are full. Any help from all of us will be much appreciated.Thanks. Take care.

Hi Tassie:
Since you are in Adelaide, do you know the clinical dentistry diploma program in the University of Adelaide,is it very helpful to pre for the ADC clinical ?
Compare with OTC,which one is better ?
How about the two year bridging program? The student who have finish this program will get registration,right?

Hi
Sorry i'm replying after a long time.Busy with my semester exams.I have my ADC final exams this sep at Adelaide. I had applied for the July intake but could get exam date for sep only and Adelaide as all the other centres are full. Any help from all of us will be much appreciated.Thanks. Take care.
hi tassie
have u cleared your final exams can u please tell me wht is cd1 cd2 cd3
how tough are the exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
my sincere congrats to dr Amol in clearing the ADc final exams CD1 and CD3 , boss the big job is over you will clear the CD2 easily now its just a little bad luck.

Hi all I am new to this forum
I passed my prelim exam in sep 2006 nd want to appear for final but the problem evrything is vague about the exam I read the masseges sent by dramol ,drgaurav and also drmillisveret

Please can anybody who have experience with the final exam guide me about thge sestem of the exam amd what are the parts of exam as it is held over 6 days, and how many dentists they exept for each exam

hope that somebody can help I will be grateful to him:scared::(

Hi, every one.I am newin this forum.I prepare for the OET.I need OET and ADC materials,pls send me and will be very pleased if you send them to my mail:[email protected]
Thanks a lot
Julia:love:

hi friends,
there is some information i want to share

Do you know there are few ADC passed candidates who passed atleast 4-5 years back come to India every year and give 30kg of study material for self study etc with their old concepts.

I tried to make a group earlier also and few people in this group who dont want good to others dicourage the efforts.
atleast these guys are doing it professionally.

I WOULD REQUEST OTHERS TOO,IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED YOU MAY BE, BUT WHY DO YOU DEMORALISE THE OTHERS WHO DONT HAVE A CHOICE/MONEY.

everybody who fails for the first time in exams knows that he just didnt had the idea and correct exposure of the exam exactly what to prepare and what not.
Please dont ask me the details take it from this website and post your queries directly to them

http://adcexam. page.tl/

hope we dont fool around and do something constructive here........ .

cheers
anusha

Hi Anusha,

I would be very interested in whom you accuse of demoralizing other members of this group! :confused: This sounds a little paranoid to me....

Andreas

i had got a private message from one of the person inthis group who is also a member of other yahoo groups abusing ans says that are we fools staying here in australia spending so much of money and how can somebody go and start parallel training in india blah blah

cheers
anusha

Dear Newsmile,
I am appearing for the part 1 of ADC in MArch 2008. I am in desperate need of MCQ by Cawson n Boucher. If u have this books i am willing to perchase them or if you can send me the xerox. I am presently in Delhi.
Regards
Pan

hi guys:) im a new member..can u plz tell me where i can get samples of questions of the ADC preliminary exam....thk u....

hello !
i hope this site will continue from where the old thread stops...
really, it was a big help for all of us who are trying to work in australia.
i will be doing my preliminary test in september 2007.
so please......if someone likes to give me some ideas and clarifications,do not hesitate...
[email protected].

thank u all !

Dear Newsmile,
I am appearing for the part 1 of ADC in MArch 2008. I am in desperate need of MCQ by Cawson n Boucher. If u have this books i am willing to perchase them or if you can send me the xerox. I am presently in Delhi.
Regards
Pan

Dear Pan
Unfortunately I looked for those texts as well and couldn't find them. All I have I got from e-bay and amazon.Try there and you will find valuable textbooks.
Regards
Newsmile

hey andreas...u sent me an email...but i cant seem 2 b able 2 open it,,,:(:(:(:(:(:(wud b gr8 if u cud send me again...thks :):):)

hi !
when i check the old thread...i can only be sorry that we don't have it anymore..
so please..senior members! can u take the decision to have one new thread that continues from where the old one stops??????

it will be a great help for alll of us beginners to benefit from your huge experience in cracking that ADC exam!

we, all , will be thankfullll....:thumbup:

hi guys :)..back after a long time ....lost touch wid many of my frens from the previous threads..andreas,ozy_rozy,king tut ....hope u guys r doing well.:thumbup:.am planning to give my clinicals this november ..date n venue not yet fixed ..am in australia right now..northern queensland....hope to hear from u guys soon ..take care INON

hi guys :)..back after a long time ....lost touch wid many of my frens from the previous threads..andreas,ozy_rozy,king tut ....hope u guys r doing well.:thumbup:.am planning to give my clinicals this november ..date n venue not yet fixed ..am in australia right now..northern queensland....hope to hear from u guys soon ..take care INON

Hi INON,

nice to hear from you. Hope you´re doing OK with your preps.

Cheers, Andreas

hi there everybody i am milli i am presently preparing for adc prelimp plz anybody kindly help to get the 1000 q bank .have been searchin for it for ages.also anybody preparing and like to exchange some ideas with me
thanks

hi everybody

adc exam on the 4th and 5th of september. 2007 .....

wish luck to all of you.

and...thank u seniors for your help.....

( andreas.....you are a legend :thumbup: ).........................................

i am a new member just started preparing for oet in september.anybody like to join and share ideas. :)
methinks join study really helps two head is better than one

hi everybody

adc exam on the 4th and 5th of september. 2007 .....

wish luck to all of you.

and...thank u seniors for your help.....

( andreas.....you are a legend :thumbup: ).........................................

Hi John,
do you have the March 2007 exams? Can you kindly share it with me? Please forward it to my email [email protected]!
Grace

hi ppl...i just got my venue n date confirmed for the finals.:eek:..its march2008 n the centre is brisbane ...if any of u giving it around that time or hv given in that centre ..pls PM me ..n lets be in touch :idea:..thanx
INON

Can someone plz tell me where can you get the application for the OTC course.Is it available in the internet or do we have to get it in person.plz help ASAP.
with Kind regards,
sonia

:):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:I have been a avid follower of this forum ,but of late people have stopped communicating frequently.please do not let the flame die out. cheers

I have observed this forum for long and found some very useful information .I was a silent member but wud like to wakeup the oldtimers for the sake of newcomers. Hey andreyas,inon amol where r u guys?:confused:

I have observed this forum for long and found some very useful information .I was a silent member but wud like to wakeup the oldtimers for the sake of newcomers. Hey andreas, inon, amol where r u guys?:confused:

I am here - but all the tips and info that can be given for the preliminary have been posted on this or the old forum. If you have a special question please post it. Otherwise stick to Odell and the 1000Q-bank.

As for clinical - I need help myself. amol has passed but INON and I are preparing to sit it soon.

Andreas

I am here - but all the tips and info that can be given for the preliminary have been posted on this or the old forum. If you have a special question please post it. Otherwise stick to Odell and the 1000Q-bank.

As for clinical - I need help myself. amol has passed but INON and I are preparing to sit it soon.

Andreas

best of luck for your clinics:thumbup: just tell me one thing is it true that those who enroll for OTC definately clear the clinicals.did you enroll for OTC how important is it to enroll for OTC:confused:

best of luck for your clinics:thumbup: just tell me one thing is it true that those who enroll for OTC definately clear the clinicals.did you enroll for OTC how important is it to enroll for OTC:confused:

No, many OTC participants failed, too. But the pass rate is much higher than for those not in it. I am not in OTC.

Andreas

Hi ppl..as andreas mentioned stick to the o'dell n the past q's ...and any other useful info that's posted in the old thread..helped us to clear part 1 at a go :)
abt the clinical exam ..am preparing on my own .. planning to clear it at a go :D It's not necessary to get enrolled in OTC program..ofcourse it does give u an insight on to the exam pattern ..but i know many dentists who have cleared it without attending the Melb course ..so not to worry on that part ...
its just that if u talk with the ones who were not able to clear it ..they try to demoralise you ..so just need to hv faith on urself n be optimist :thumbup:
n yes ..Mr. Golden dentist ..we r still around :rolleyes: " the old timers " eh ;)??
INON

Hi Guys,
I'm also a chip off the old (thread) block. I'm appearing for my Final clinical exams in a week's time at Adelaide. So could not post replies. All the best for everybody giving the exams this september. I'll post the details of the exam after i come back from Adelaide.:thumbup::thumbup::):)
- Cheers,
tassie

Hi Guys,
I'm also a chip off the old (thread) block. I'm appearing for my Final clinical exams in a week's time at Adelaide. So could not post replies. All the best for everybody giving the exams this september. I'll post the details of the exam after i come back from Adelaide.:thumbup::thumbup::):)
- Cheers,
tassie

Dear Tassie

Good luck in the final I wish you pass

Cheers:laugh:

i am a new member just started preparing for oet in september.anybody like to join and share ideas. :)
methinks join study really helps two head is better than one
hi somali i m also givin my oet in sep .i hope we can help each other out,mail me at [email protected] :).
i agree wit ur idea of combine study is better than all alone .guess we can share our ideas ,information n resources..do keep intouch

hi anajana me 2 new this grp ,n also in search of adc sample questions.my oet is on 15 of this month n plannin to tak part 1 netx year mar.guess we can help each other out

Good luck to all of u giving the clinical this month :thumbup::thumbup:and please come back to share ur glory with us :idea::hardy:..n the secret to pass the clinicals is to keep ur cool on the exam day ..so just chill n give ur best shot .:thumbup:
INON

Hi Andreas
Please help me with any clinical materials, questions etc

.My email id is [email protected]
God bless
Thanks
Pam

would you plz tell me the full name of " Odell ","cawson" and "MCQs"?
thank you and good luck in your exam
Aquarious

Andreas

1. CLINICAL PROBLEM SOLVING IN DENTISTRY : EDWARD W. ODELL
2. 1000 MCQ'S : soft copy available with the preliminary thread ppl
3. Boucher's MCQ'S IN DENTISTRY :1979 ED.
am not sure abt the cawson ..coz i didn't read that ..
this much shud be enuff :)
g'luck:thumbup:
INON

Hi guys,could you plz tell me how can I prepare for the exam to be enrolled to the OTC course thank you.

I just got my clinical exam preponed to Feb 2008..its scary now:scared:....anyone who's registered to give around that time in brisbane ..pls let me know ..:thumbup:
thanx
INON

Hi ,I am looking for somebody who lives in brisbane ,interested in forming a study group for clinical preparation.please email me if you like, [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.