ADA practice test math

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockstarDMD

sUcCeSs iS mY OnLY OpTioN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question for you all in regards to the QR on the ADA practice test. Do you guys feel this is true to form to the real DAT. I know there have been many questions regarding how easy the other sections of the practice test are, but what about the QR section. Also, any advice to improve speed in QR? Thanks. :D

Members don't see this ad.

RockstarDMD said:
Hey guys I have a question for you all in regards to the QR on the ADA practice test. Do you guys feel this is true to form to the real DAT. I know there have been many questions regarding how easy the other sections of the practice test are, but what the QR section. Also, any advice to improve speed in QR? Thanks. :D

Come on guys and gals this has been viewed 27 times today with no response. This must mean we have a lot of curious people. If anyone has an answer please post it. Thanks!

Nope, the ADA questions do not follow very closely what is on the real thing.

KOM said:
Nope, the ADA questions do not follow very closely what is on the real thing.

I know this is true in the science sections, but is this specifically true for Quant Reasoning as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you time yourself, the ADA released exams will give you fairly accurate scores. My scores are almost identical to those I got from the tests.

RockstarDMD said:
I know this is true in the science sections, but is this specifically true for Quant Reasoning as well?

the real DAT QR section is more difficult. For great practice I suggest Topscore, DATachiever, or Kaplan

luder98, and howui3 thanks for answering my question. The responses seem slightly mixed any other opinions out there? Thanks eyeryone.

yo rockstar what up.....i found that on the QR section memorizing certain formulas and stuff in math will help you improve speed...especially in degrees and radians and sine...etc....most can figure out the answer without memorizing but if it is memorized it will definitely save you time....every test i have taken have had a couple problems on this...which in the past has slowed me down........also problems that you can see are going to take some work on paper (longer than others) i would just mark and skip right from the beginning....make sure you get all the ones you can do fast and easy done and then work on the few that take a little longer. hope it helps

gdunk said:
yo rockstar what up.....i found that on the QR section memorizing certain formulas and stuff in math will help you improve speed...especially in degrees and radians and sine...etc....most can figure out the answer without memorizing but if it is memorized it will definitely save you time....every test i have taken have had a couple problems on this...which in the past has slowed me down........also problems that you can see are going to take some work on paper (longer than others) i would just mark and skip right from the beginning....make sure you get all the ones you can do fast and easy done and then work on the few that take a little longer. hope it helps

gdunk thanks for the advice I will give it a try and see how it works out. :thumbup: