acupuncture schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will soon be starting a 2 year PT program in Canada. I was thinking that post-grad I would like to pursue an acupuncture specialization. I know I still have plenty of time to research this option. However, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with any acupuncture schools? If possible I would love to go right to the source and study somewhere in Asia, but if you know of schools in the US, Canada, or Australia/New Zealand please let me know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually am currently at the National College on Natural Medicine, one of the best known Chinese medical programs in the country. I am leaving to go into osteopathy, but this is my two cents on acupuncture. If you really want to learn chinese medicine than go to a 4 year school like mine and get your degree (LaC) if you just want to do acupuncture. DONT, you won't be good at it, you need to understand chinese medicine pathology, theory and so on to even begin to do effective acupuncture, so either put in the time to go to school for it specifically, or send your clients to a good LaC, feel free to pm me if you have questions

I will soon be starting a 2 year PT program in Canada. I was thinking that post-grad I would like to pursue an acupuncture specialization. I know I still have plenty of time to research this option. However, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with any acupuncture schools? If possible I would love to go right to the source and study somewhere in Asia, but if you know of schools in the US, Canada, or Australia/New Zealand please let me know.

Thanks!

In Canada most PTs get thier acupuncture courses through the Canadian Acupuncture Institute http://www.afcinstitute.com/ this is probably the safest route to go here in Canada. What school are you starting at?