General Activities without contact info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I am trying to decide whether to put down an activity. It was a volunteer program in a very remote area of a foreign country. There was no formalized program so no one to put down as a contact.

I was told that an experience like this may be dismissed out of hand as unable to be proven aside from taking my word. Is this true and if so will it detract from the remainder of my application?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

I think if someone wants to know more and verify the importance of this activity, they would probably just ask you in an interview. I don't think it would be dismissed out of hand

If you have room, I would list it. It's an interesting activity. You might not go off writing about it in your personal statement or anything, but I'd still include it in your list.

We're all adults, you included. While it could happen, it's expected that you're not going to lie about something on your app. I think with an activity like this people will believe you actually did it. It's not like the adcom will be wanting to contact anyone to see how many specific lives you saved or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.