ACT prep

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like most of you have taken the ACT's.

I have the red book and it is very helpful.

Just curious to know what you all used, and what your scores were.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 26 right now. I've used the Kaplan stuff, but I've never done any hardcore studying... I'm planning to go all out for the May testing though.

Hey, I'm not sure if it has changed since I took it (around 2005ish I think). I think the only thing I really did for studying was a TPR book. I only looked at it for like 30 minutes or so but it seems like it had some pretty good info. I ended up getting around a 32 I think. I believe the book I got was just from like Barnes and Noble. I would suggest taking a look there. That way you get to see the books first hand and you can find the ones that you think look most useful for your weak areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'm not sure if it has changed since I took it (around 2005ish I think). I think the only thing I really did for studying was a TPR book. I only looked at it for like 30 minutes or so but it seems like it had some pretty good info. I ended up getting around a 32 I think. I believe the book I got was just from like Barnes and Noble. I would suggest taking a look there. That way you get to see the books first hand and you can find the ones that you think look most useful for your weak areas.

:mad:

*grumbles*

stupid smart boys...

:mad:

*grumbles*

stupid smart boys...

Hah, I'm not that smart. I've just always been pretty good at math and science and that's what a lot of that exam is. I did forget my calculator though. :mad: I fell asleep during the SAT reading or whatever it's called too. WHOOPS!

...You fell asleep? lol

saving a derailed thread.... I used the red book and princeton review. i liked princeton review better for actually learning/reviewing the material, but the red book is obviously better for practice tests. got a 31 both times i took it.

saving a derailed thread.... I used the red book and princeton review. i liked princeton review better for actually learning/reviewing the material, but the red book is obviously better for practice tests. got a 31 both times i took it.

Glow, you're my hero!

...You fell asleep? lol

ACT&SAT = BIG :bullcrap:

If I weren't a premed, the first thing to do in college is to join the student government and ban ACT&SAT. And I will create a national organization for that matter.

lol theres a movie on that "The Perfect Score"
It talks about how its ruins their lives so they steal the SAT answers

lol theres a movie on that "The Perfect Score"
It talks about how its ruins their lives so they steal the SAT answers

Thanks !

I am going to watch that movie. :)

ACT&SAT = BIG :bullcrap:

If I weren't a premed, the first thing to do in college is to join the student government and ban ACT&SAT. And I will create a national organization for that matter.

I'll be the vice president.

I'll be the vice president.

Sure you can.

But I need some

money.jpg

and some

Bikini%20girl.jpg

from you.

Last edited: