ACGME programs that accept COMLEX scores or are DO friendly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportsDOc2251

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a current list of programs that accept COMLEX scores or have current DOs in their program? I know this has been discussed before but some of the posts are a bit old and I just wanted to see an updated list. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

AOA programs.

I find it very hard to believe a DO could match without taking (and destroying) USMLE. I'm pretty sure Tulane was the only program to take a DO this past match. maybe you could find his contact info and ask him.

I believe 3 programs took DOs this past match. I think Loma Linda took another DO this year. But, you are correct, no ACGME and program would take a DO without a good USMLE score.

It has been discussed before, but here's the list that I know of:
Currently have a DO - Loma Linda, Tulane, LSU New Orleans, Rochester, Mizzou
Previously graduated a DO - UC Davis, LSU Shreveport, South Carolina, Kansas

I also know DOs that have done fellowships at Hopkins & Harborview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the guy at Tulane. He took both USMLE Step 1 and Step 2, did very well, and rotated there.

North shore Lij seems friendly too

That
North shore Lij seems friendly too
That's because it used to be a DO program that transferred to ACGME a few years ago. I would think they are trying to distance themselves from that and probably won't take a DO for a long time.

For other potential applicants in the future:

Keep fighting for an MD acceptance. It's just too much of an uphill battle otherwise.

carry on