Accepting an offer but possibly withdrawing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adaok2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I just got accepted into my last(5th) choice (I’m waitlisted for my top and 3rd choice and and the other two I haven’t heard back from). They require I sign a letter of intent and a very small deposit fee. I want to accept just in case I don’t get into my other top choices but if I do get into my top choice I plan on withdrawing my acceptance and attending my top choice. I just wanted to know if the schools that I’m waitlisted for might be “turned off” that I accepted another school’s offer?

*The waitlisted schools don’t have rankings so I don’t know where I’m at on the list

Members don't see this ad.

I did this and got off the waitlist still for my top school. I sent my own letter of intent to my top school basically saying if I get off the waitlist that I would attend and I think that helped me. I also didn’t have a formal ranking

Reactions: 1 user
I was in a similar situation. I believe that schools your waitlisted at can't see you have accepted an offer so I would just wait it out. The only way schools can see you have accepted an offer is if you have accepted their offer as well, i.e deposited at two schools.

Reactions: 1 users