Acceptances to: MUSC, Pitts, Columbia, NYU, VCU, or Towson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

froggie645

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! If you have heard back from any of these schools could you please tell me your major, GRE, and GPA? And the date you heard back? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I applied to Pitt and VCU. My OTCAS application was verified Oct. 28 and I received an acceptance letter from Pitt on Dec. 20--I have yet to hear from VCU. I was a Mass Communications and Psych double major, 3.4 GPA, and 1200 GRE. Hope this helps!

Hi there, I was accepted 1/24.

I was an Italian Studies major, 1140 GRE, and 3.4 cum GPA.

Looking for a roommate in Pitt if anyone else is accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I might be looking for a roommate at Pitt too!! Still hoping to get in somewhere around Philly but haven't heard anything yet... :-/

My stats are: 1120 GRE, Business Major (cannot wait for this career change!!), 3.1 GPA, 3.8 pre-req GPA.

Still waiting to here from vcu..

I just got accepted (30' ago) into UPITT's program starting in June 2012. I have a 3.2 cumulative GPA and a 3.6 pre-requisite GPA majoring in Biology. On the GRE I received a 155 Verbal and 148 Quantitative, with a 4.0 Analytical Writing. I have 32 hours of occupational therapist shadowing in two different settings, and over 500 hours of working with the elderly as a certified nursing assistant and over 250 hours working with individuals that have developmental disabilities. I hope this helps and good luck!

Just got accepted to Pitt! Looking for a roommate!! Message me if you are too! =)

I'm a 27 year old male looking for a male roommate at Pitt... I'm sure it'll be a bit harder to find a male roommate on here!

I got into VCU...anyone else? Its looking like that where I will end up...got rejected by UNC. Out of state tuition stings a little though (I live in NC)

Got into Pitt today!! :) GRE: 1290 GPA: 3.96
I also applied to MUSC, but have not heard anything back yet. I think they let us know in March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm not sure yet, I will definitely be paying out of state tuition if I go there and I also recently got accepted at an OT school at the same school I'm finishing undergrad [OSU]. I will probably call them on Monday to see how fast I can get an answer, otherwise I have to give OSU a decision by mid February! I'll post back when I hear from them.

Bump... Anyone hear from MUSC yet?

I applied last year to MUSC and actually NEVER heard from them. I kept logging in to check my status which never changed. I also sent a few emails and left a VM if I recall correctly. Not sure what their procedures are but I'd continue to contact them till you hear from them. I chalked it up to them being overwhelmed with applications last year.

I applied last year to MUSC and actually NEVER heard from them. I kept logging in to check my status which never changed. I also sent a few emails and left a VM if I recall correctly. Not sure what their procedures are but I'd continue to contact them till you hear from them. I chalked it up to them being overwhelmed with applications last year.

Ahh!! How nerve-racking! I find that frankly discouraging for a school I really liked to not be on top of their applicants/applications. Thanks for the advice!

Weird... right after I posted got an e-mail from MUSC... alternate list :( good luck to everyone else that applied and hope your fate's better than mine!

Weird... right after I posted got an e-mail from MUSC... alternate list :( good luck to everyone else that applied and hope your fate's better than mine!
Hopefully you will get called from the alternate list. A lot of schools say they go half way into their wait list. So I hope good things for you!

Has anyone heard back from VCU?

Also on their wait list. =( And no, I have not heard back from VCU yet!

Everyone who is hearing back from MUSC... did you all apply for Early Decision?

Anyone hear back yet from anymore of these schools? I know there are a few threads regarding NYU and Columbia in the past few days.
Especially interested in if anyone has had communication with Virginia Commonwealth and if any more people were accepted at PITT?

Last edited:
Has everyone heard back from MUSC, or are there people still waiting?

Anyone hear back yet from anymore of these schools? I know there are a few threads regarding NYU and Columbia in the past few days.
Especially interested in if anyone has had communication with Virginia Commonwealth and if any more people were accepted at PITT?
I got into NYU and Pitt yesterday!

That's great FlipFlops! I know you were really excited about hearing back from NYU. Congrats.

Thanks everyone! Yeah I'm really excited about NYU. I heard via email. They may have sent me a letter, but I didn't check the mail in the last two days (I'm trying not to overcheck)...

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking- what were your stats? ( that's where I'd like to go - I did not apply early though!)

(this is for OT4life regarding Towson)

Last edited:
I think both VCU and Pitt care more about the GRE scores than the overall GPA...

I have a 3.6 GPA, 3.9 Pre-Req GPA and a 3.8 GPA for my last 60 credits...I graduated Magna Cum but since OTCAS averaged the grade for a math class I took (and didn't need) during my freshmen year... my 3.8 GPA went down to a 3.6

Anyways, just a heads up to future OT apps...make sure you have a strong GRE score if you want to go to VCU or Pitt. Good Luck!

Hey guys! If you have heard back from any of these schools could you please tell me your major, GRE, and GPA? And the date you heard back? Thanks!

anyone here heard back from Columbia besides LVD? Congrats to LVD. It's so funny how NYU is sending out their decisions now when they said that they were going to notify applicants in APRIL. Columbia is the one who's late.......

Last edited:
There is hope for low GRE scores. Mine was a 990 and I was accepted to PITT. But I would not doubt that what you said tends to be the trend. I have heard what you said about VCU before.

Hey I have a interview with MUSC this week and I am really nervous.
Has anybody had a interview with them yet to describe how it is like and can remember any unique questions they ask

Has anybody had a interview with them yet to describe how it is like and can remember any unique questions they ask

I didn't realize MUSC was doing interviews this cycle... I know it said an interview may be required, but that makes me wonder whether the class is full yet...I assumed it was since I was wait-listed.

Everyone who already heard back from MUSC - did you interview?

Hi,
Is your interview for the Masters in OT program at MUSC? or for a different program?

I was accepted and did not have an interview- maybe they are interviewing people that were wait listed?

Has anyone else heard back from VCU's MOT program?

Nope, still waiting to hear from VCU over here.

Has anyone else heard back from VCU's MOT program?

I was accepted and a decision was requested by March 1st. I declined in favor of going to school closer to home on the West Coast, so maybe there's still a chance to hear good news. Best of luck!

Hey!
I just saw this post. I was rejected from University of Pittsburgh via email about three weeks ago. As for NYU, I just found out about an hour ago via email that I was accepted! Good luck to you!

I was accepted and a decision was requested by March 1st. I declined in favor of going to school closer to home on the West Coast, so maybe there's still a chance to hear good news. Best of luck!
I hope so! Did you know of anyone else who has been accepted?

I was waitlisted for NYU.. found out this morning via email.

I hope so! Did you know of anyone else who has been accepted?

All I'm aware of is uncdawnd in this thread above and looks like another person in the "GPAs, GREs..." thread.

I was just wondering if you would mind sharing your stats for vcu?