Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ewuraadjoa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...l

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would include a thank you in the letter you send back to them letting them know if you are going or not.

I'm sending UOP 1000 thank yous in the form of dollar bills--that should be thanks enough. As for the other schools, I generally include a thank you sentence in my email before I reject their offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
JavadiCavity said:
I'm sending UOP 1000 thank yous in the form of dollar bills--that should be thanks enough. As for the other schools, I generally include a thank you sentence in my email before I reject their offer.

$1000 thank you statement

this would work for me too...

mwsung said:
$1000 thank you statement

this would work for me too...

Hey mwsung, im sorry to really say this, it has nothing to do with anything really but, its pitt not "pitts". thats starting to bother me. sorry :luck:

princewalta said:
Hey mwsung, im sorry to really say this, it has nothing to do with anything really but, its pitt not "pitts". thats starting to bother me. sorry :luck:

LOL
pittsb

On the topic of annoying and completely random I agree with the previous poster who noticed the same thing....there is no such thing as Pitts. Its either UPITT or PITT. Additionally, anyone notice people in their class or family members who sound out the word DAT or PAT??? To me that just doesnt sound right....from the start (1.5 yrs ago) admission directors have mentioned the D-A-T and the P-A-T (spelled out). I know I am nitpicking here, but it just sounds so bad. Reminds me of the old SNL skit..."Its PAT". Anyway, just my $1.01-$0.99.

Bullfan16 said:
On the topic of annoying and completely random I agree with the previous poster who noticed the same thing....there is no such thing as Pitts. Its either UPITT or PITT. Additionally, anyone notice people in their class or family members who sound out the word DAT or PAT??? To me that just doesnt sound right....from the start (1.5 yrs ago) admission directors have mentioned the D-A-T and the P-A-T (spelled out). I know I am nitpicking here, but it just sounds so bad. Reminds me of the old SNL skit..."Its PAT". Anyway, just my $1.01-$0.99.

Wouldn't UPitt be better? or perhaps mwsung is trying to make a qualifying statements about the school - harkens back to that old thread where someone asked, "why would anyone want to go to place called UPitt anyways?" very astute, i thought.

as far as the whole DAT thing goes - half the people i've heard prounounce it (and this includes my kaplan instructor) pronounced it DAT to rhyme with MCAT, perhaps on the idea that the pronouciation of standardized tests for graduate school should follow a single rule (hence MCAT, LSAT, GMAT, and finally DAT). The other half pronounce it as three seperate letters; I myself vacillate in between. but i have never yet heard the PAT being pronounced to rhyme with vat - always as seperate letters.

next up: "isogloss drawing between dialect communities in the pronunciation of standardized test acronyms in the american college poplulation" by Tzips et al. :D