Acceptance Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SarahVestal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am from the USA and I have applied to the 5 year programs at Trinity and NUIG. Since it is nearing March (the time Atlantic Bridge says that the first acceptance letters go out) I am curious to know when others have received some type of notification from the medical schools in Ireland. Could you post when you heard from different schools? Or if you haven't heard from any of the schools before, could you please write down dates that you have heard of others notifications? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Since it is nearing March (the time Atlantic Bridge says that the first acceptance letters go out)

Its still February 8th, not sure what time zone you are in but that seems like its still a ways from March.

Its still February 8th, not sure what time zone you are in but that seems like its still a ways from March.
Oh I know that March is still a month away but I thought this would be a good amount of time to see what the consensus for acceptance/rejection letters timetables are for Ireland.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I know that March is still a month away but I thought this would be a good amount of time to see what the consensus for acceptance/rejection letters timetables are for Ireland.

They tend to be late. It's an Irish thing. I think I heard about mine in June (but I submitted my app in Feb). You can check the acceptance/etc thread for last years timetable to get a rough idea of when to expect them. The earliest ones came in March I think.

Just know they tend to be late/really late, and don't freak out until you get the rejection letter, cause the acceptances/etc tend to come in rounds. And I remember last time, at least for my wave, the rejection letters came out a few days before the acceptances did, so I was holding my breath on it being a good thing that I hadn't heard anything. Doesn't mean this applies to everything though. Just what I noticed last year.

Also, since they do waves - it tends to go in 3-4 week intervals if memory serves.

They tend to be late. It's an Irish thing. I think I heard about mine in June (but I submitted my app in Feb). You can check the acceptance/etc thread for last years timetable to get a rough idea of when to expect them. The earliest ones came in March I think.

Just know they tend to be late/really late, and don't freak out until you get the rejection letter, cause the acceptances/etc tend to come in rounds. And I remember last time, at least for my wave, the rejection letters came out a few days before the acceptances did, so I was holding my breath on it being a good thing that I hadn't heard anything. Doesn't mean this applies to everything though. Just what I noticed last year.

Also, since they do waves - it tends to go in 3-4 week intervals if memory serves.

For the schools that do interviews (RCSI and Limerick), based on past trends how long does it typically take after the interview for them to send out acceptance letters or rejections?

For the schools that do interviews (RCSI and Limerick), based on past trends how long does it typically take after the interview for them to send out acceptance letters or rejections?

I believe acceptance letters for RCSI go out 2-3 weeks after the interview. I'm not sure about Limerick.

I believe acceptance letters for RCSI go out 2-3 weeks after the interview. I'm not sure about Limerick.

That's how it was last year; didn't interview with Limerick so I wouldn't know about their interview/acceptance timeline. Got a letter from UCC about half a week before hearing from RCSI.