Acceptance but no word from top choice? What now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reLAXgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you with at least one acceptance but still waiting on other schools, how are you handling it? I have not heard back from my top choice yet but things are looking pretty good for my second choice in regard to scholarship opportunities, etc. Are you planning to blow the deposit just in case or will you settle with the one you've been accepted to make things easier and more final? What if you haven't even interviewed at what you thought was your top choice? Is it worth the money when you may not even get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

at my UW interview, they said it would be fine if we called them if we hadn't heard from them, but had received acceptances from somewhere else. So I've been in the same boat for the past week, but I just called them... had to leave a message. *crossing my fingers*

if I don't hear by around a week before deposits are due, i'll go ahead and put down the deposit and start planning on going to my second choice. If i do get accepted to my first choice with enough notice to change my housing and other plans, i'll go ahead and put down a second deposit and go there. it is a lot of money and inconvenience, but it would be worth it to be at your first choice for dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
One school told me to call if I had received an acceptance elsewhere. They're not meeting again until the end of January and told me to put a deposit at the school that accepted me. I'll just have to wait and see if my number 1 accepts me. However, it is a huge relief to have been accepted by atleast one school.

Biogirl361 said:
if I don't hear by around a week before deposits are due, i'll go ahead and put down the deposit and start planning on going to my second choice. If i do get accepted to my first choice with enough notice to change my housing and other plans, i'll go ahead and put down a second deposit and go there. it is a lot of money and inconvenience, but it would be worth it to be at your first choice for dental school.
I'm in the same situation, Biogirl: Getting ready to lose $1k to Case! I guess I hope I don't see you there?