Acceptance and now getting LAZY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jay12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this on some of the other professional forums, and figured I might ask some of the students here......

Having been accepted this early in the stage, I find, has been both a blessing and a pain in the *** sometimes.........Knowing that I'll be starting optometry school this fall has resulted in me being soooooooooooooooo Lazy studying for the remaining classes left in my degree.

I know that I should really be buckling down, especially with finals approaching..................just wanted to know if anyone else feels the same.

Members don't see this ad.

i totally feel like you all and are being EXTREMELY lazy (i actually should be right now instead of being on here..hehe) it seems like it just doesn't matter...but I am liking the easy schedule i get to have, i'm going to take while i can get it

Members don't see this ad :)
oh yeah....62 days and counting till GRADUATION!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

This has been the easiest semester of my life. I know im graduating, therefore I dont need to study, which means I can party 24/7. The sad thing is that there aren't enough weekends to go to all the parties :(

I am probably one of the laziest people at Waterloo. Adding the fact that I am graduating, I think I take it to a whole new level hahaha. I dont think thats something I should be proud of hahaha. But I am so stoked to be done.

Hey all, I'm out of school and work full time but I know what you guys are talking about. It's hard to focus at work and am counting the days until I am out of here! :laugh::hardy:

I'm also out of school and working full time...definately having workeritis! I can't wait for the fall!

I barely go to class .. if i am in class .. i am probably playing sudoku out of the school newspaper ... I study the night before .. and put very minimal effort into any assignments ... its pretty sweet .. my attitude went from "get wicked grades!!' to 'you're good ... just don't fail' hahahah

Haven't touched my backpack since Thursday and I am loving it! Senoritis is full blown now, just gotta be careful and not let this laziness carry over into the fall.

I know how you guys feel because I was the same way a year ago ! :D

The funny thing is, my last term at undergrad I got my one and only 4.0...weird because I studied about 14 nights during the term (I had 14 tests ;))

Seriously though, enjoy it while you can and especially enjoy your friends while you can. I have made several friends at OD school who I am becoming very close with, but I really do miss my friends from undergrad sometimes, and I'm only about 100 miles from where I went to undergrad and like 50 from my hometown.

putting aside the battle for who is the biggest slacker, I am still wondering.....

How seriously do they take your final semester of grades?

putting aside the battle for who is the biggest slacker, I am still wondering.....

How seriously do they take your final semester of grades?

THATS MY QUESTION!!!!!!!! can they revoke acceptance??? got to be careful not to slack 2 bad cuz im just not sure if schools can revoke acceptance! has anyone heard of this?

I think if you get below a C you could have your acceptances withdrawn, but I'm pretty sure once you're in they can't revoke anything unless you get below a C and it severely affects your GPA...When i was accepted to NOVA my stipulation was to take a biochemistry course since it was one of their pre-reqs and even though i had biochem included with a lot of the classes I took they wanted me to take it but they also said that I needed a C or better. Anyways, now that I got into PCO there are no stipulations but I'm sure if I did get below a C they may think twice about it (but getting a C in any course is pretty easy in undergrad anyways)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're offered an acedemic scholarship from your undergrad GPA too, definately dont give up either or you might lose it! The better you finish the better you look to them and if you're going to graduate with honors from your school dont ruin it by slacking off, it always looks good to hav e more wall decorations with high gpa awards and honors for any school :)

If you're offered an acedemic scholarship from your undergrad GPA too, definately dont give up either or you might lose it! The better you finish the better you look to them and if you're going to graduate with honors from your school dont ruin it by slacking off, it always looks good to hav e more wall decorations with high gpa awards and honors for any school :)

DrRobs, do you mean below a C GPA overall or below a C in an class/elective you take?? cuz if u get a D in a non-pre req how can they hold that against you? i thought if you just got above a C in all pre-reqs you're golden..

You going to NOVA?

I think you just need C's in your pre reqs, but I think if your gpa drops below a C as it is thats grounds to be denied expecially if your gpa is borderline of the required GPA for the school (most schools I think its a 2.8 or higher)

I just got my acceptance to PCO, it was my first choice so I'm withdrawing my seat from NOVA

So if i have a 3.7 GPA and 380 OAT, can I safely take on a bunch of extra stuff for my last semester (mainly to make money), knowing my GPA will probably take a severe hit?

More importantly, I have only gotten 1 C in my undergrad. Will it look like crap seeing my 2nd through 5th C's in my final semester?

heh...

well that definately sounds like you got in! Just keep it up above a 3.5 and hope you get the honors you deserve, but I dont think C's will matter at this point! If you want reassurance ask the school you're planning on going to what they expect, they tell you!

I want to quit my job, live off of unemployment and play Rock Band all day until I start in August! haha

I just want to fast forward through the next few months.. I can't wait to start!

Hahhaaha, I totally am feeling the same way. I've never been such a slacker in my life! I just want to lay out at the beach all day while I still can!:)

ur lucky u get to lie on the beach...its too cold in canada to even b thinkin bout that in march. But luckily...less schoolwork + more winter = more time to get back in shape...so its all good

omg.. i feel you guys. Ive always worked my butt off through undergrad.. but have had a major shift this semester... doing the veryy minimum lol. Im loving it.. hopefully ill still end up with alright grades, but im just dying to get through these finals and enjoy summer! ;) Then get on with things! It'll come faster than we know it

if you get an acceptance to PCO and you already have a C or better in all the pre-reqs... can they take back their acceptance if you do bad in a class (but dont fail it and still graduate)?