Academic update for Summer AND Fall courses - still only update once in December?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Second*Adulthood*Rocks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called PTCAS to make sure, but due to high volumes they couldn't take the call.
:-/
I also sent an email to PTCAS to ask, but thought I would ask here as well.

Am I correct in my understanding that an academic update should be done only once? I have courses in progress currently during Summer term and also during Fall term. Will I submit an academic update with grades only once in December after grades for both Summer AND Fall terms are complete? Or will I update after Summer, then again after Fall?

I already e-submitted through PTCAS (for early decision), so summer grades were not included yet.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called PTCAS to make sure, but due to high volumes they couldn't take the call.
:-/
I also sent an email to PTCAS to ask, but thought I would ask here as well.

Am I correct in my understanding that an academic update should be done only once? I have courses in progress currently during Summer term and also during Fall term. Will I submit an academic update with grades only once in December after grades for both Summer AND Fall terms are complete? Or will I update after Summer, then again after Fall?

I already e-submitted through PTCAS (for early decision), so summer grades were not included yet.

Thank you!
Hey, i am in exactly same situation and I am pretty positive it is just once! If you think about it, they wouldn't wanna do extra work recalculating everything many times. I also think that spring classes just go directly to school of your choosing, i m takung bio sequence fall-spring. As far as i know all schools care about is for u to b done prior to start of the program...

This is correct that once you submit your application you can only update during that update time after fall semester. Spring classes are typically only looked at by the school that accepts you because normally decisions are made way before those would be factored in and they really would only care about those grades if you failed one. Once they accept you, you just need to pass them and make sure you finish all prerequisites.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is correct that once you submit your application you can only update during that update time after fall semester. Spring classes are typically only looked at by the school that accepts you because normally decisions are made way before those would be factored in and they really would only care about those grades if you failed one. Once they accept you, you just need to pass them and make sure you finish all prerequisites.

So can you send another transcript with completed summer classes if you have not submitted yet?

I sent my community college transcript before my summer class was completed, and then I received an A over the summer in my bio prereq but have not submitted any applications so far.

So can you send another transcript with completed summer classes if you have not submitted yet?

I sent my community college transcript before my summer class was completed, and then I received an A over the summer in my bio prereq but have not submitted any applications so far.

Yeah if you haven't submitted it you don't need to wait on an update. Just add the grade and send your new transcript.

Reactions: 1 users