Academic Misconduct... Confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reese Tesla

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. "If there is no record of anything, should I just not disclose this to pharmcas? And how would I explain this F next to a sea of A/A- and a B?"

Rather than make up a false explanation, would just not explaining it be an option? Was it even a pharmacy pre-req?

2. "all I learned was to be more protective of my quiz/test/exam next time"

Than that is what I would write - but be sure not to be defensive or blame anyone other than yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there's nothing on your record, don't mention it, period. If admissions committee members even saw something like that on your record, you can consider your chances to attending graduate school nearly cut down by 99%. This is my personal opinion, but from what I've seen around the forums, cheating is seen as a pretty serious offense.

Also, if you were to try and explain the situation through PharmCas and I were an AdCom member, I'd definitely call the school to verify. Keep in mind if this actually does end up on your record.

At this point, there's nothing you can do besides appeal it. Explaining the situation to your professor. If worst comes to worst, then you'll have to retake the course and do your best next time. The excuse that you'll have to come up with is entirely up to you, and it also depends on the course. It's easier to say you had trouble understanding the material in Organic I and receiving an "F" than it is explaining how you got an "F" in biology I.

Man plans, God laughs.