ABR Subspecialty Certification Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pediatricradiology

Reaction score
What are people using now to study for the ABR CORE/certifying/subspecialty exams? Can anyone rank questions banks from best to worst usefulness for exam? There are so many out there. Any other tips.

Members don't see this ad.

Neurorad here.

For certifying, I did board vitals, re-read 'A Core Review: Neuro", and did Sulcus. Board vitals was kinda meh. It wasn't particularly hard, which but was reflective of the difficulty of the "essentials of radiology" portion of the test. I guess it was nice for seeing questions in other areas of neuro. Sulcus was garbage. Most of the material it focused on was esoteric. The "A Core Review: Neuro" book was solid and I reread it again for the Neuro CAQ.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are people using now to study for the ABR CORE/certifying/subspecialty exams? Can anyone rank questions banks from best to worst usefulness for exam? There are so many out there. Any other tips.

The questions I recommend to all of my students studying for the Core/Certifying/CAQ exams are from the Core Review Series.

rad primer for core, same questions 2 years later for certifying. no books, just questions.

For neuroradiology caq, I skimmed the neuro section in crack the core. Seemed like enough.

For reference, I have been doing mostly general rads and have not been doing much high end neuro.

Reactions: 1 user