ABPN 2015 Neurology Board Results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LAhottie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Waiting forever, took the exam in Sept, when does the neurology ABPN board results get released?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year, it was in the first week of December

It seems like forever!
I left the testing center feeling like I aced it....but I've been second guessing myself with each day that passes.
I've been checking the ABPN website religiously for the past few days.
Kchan is right, the release date appears to vary each year.
This is what I've gathered from searching this forum.
In 2013, the results were released on 11/16.
In 2014, the results were released on 12/05.
The paper I received after I took my test said the score report won't be released until 12 weeks.
I've also called ABPN and they confirmed the 12 week wait.
That being said, ABPN usually releases the scores a week or two earlier than expected according to previous posters.
Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. The discrepancy in reporting dates for years past is crazy.

I am glad LAhottie created this post! It's good to hear other people are also eagerly waiting for the results. I have been excessively checking the ABPN website daily.

Freelow thanks for the info. I expect the results to come out between 8-10 weeks when comparing results from previous years. The 2013 results were out 8 weeks after taking the test (test was taken the week of 9/15) and in 2014 the results took about 9-10 weeks (test day on last week of September that year, exactly around the 25th of September). So you would think our results should be out soon.

My question is what does it mean when there are other tests available to take under the apply for examination tab in the ABPNfolio? I keep seeing examinations pop up each week.

I wish everyone the best of luck!!

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing with the other tests that are available to register for in ABPN Folio.

How long do you have to prepare? Try committing "laughing your way to passing the boards" to memory if you have time during residency. It's definitely feasible. I started preparing around the start of my fellowship. Total of 2-3 months. I used Beat the Boards along with Board vitals (psych/neuro) and Neuroprep. I believe that was overkill. I finished the test thinking it was a breeze. I'll keep you updated when I get the results.

Looks like we are nearing the end of the wait. I am expecting the scores to be released some time next week.

still waiting...

I wonder if we will end up waiting until the end of next week...

hopefully results will be out this week. All the best..Took mine in sept as well in the midst of a busy fellowship

Quick question, when everyone logs in to portfolio. What does your "Examination History Records and Status" say? Mine says: No Examination History Records are currently on file. Is that what everyone else's say?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says the same. It has been a stressful wait...

Do u have exams listed under the apply for examination tab?

Yes, there are subspecialty certification applications. Was that not there before?

They appeared within the last two weeks. The exams appear 90 days prior to the deadline.

With that said, I want to assume that if the Neuro certification exam isn't listed, it hopefully means that it has been successfully completed... It's an assumption, maybe hope.

Sorry to digress...
Any CNP fellows planning to take subspecialty boards next year?
I am currently in a 50/50 CNP fellowship.
It would be nice to grandfather into epilepsy without having to undergo a full year dedicated solely to epilepsy.
Anyone know the specifications to qualify during the grandfathering period? Is 50% epilepsy enough?

Was so sure that results would be posted today after the ABPN website crashed overnight...

I'm 50/50 CNP also and have been advised I can take the ABPN epilepsy boards (assuming I pass this pending monster). If you only do a 1 year fellowship it does mean you won't qualify to take the both the epilepsy and ABPN clinical neurophys exam (you can only take ABPN board per year of post-resident training). At least this is what our fellowship director is advising us. I'm not sure which one is more worthwhile...

Thanks Chester. I was told the same by my program director. Everyone, including the neuromuscular guys are pushing me to grandfather into epilepsy while it's available.

yes, it says Pending Release of Grades now. cool

As per the lady at reception results will be out definately before christmas. Feel probably tomorrow.

Its funny because I was told by the same lady that it will be out next week. I doubt it though. I agree with neurovasc... it will prob be out this weekend.

I called ABPN today and the woman who answered said that they plan to mail it out next week and once it is mailed out, we will get an email stating that it is available online. This wait is excruciating.

Do any of you have the link " Request an Application for Initial Cerification" under the "Examination Application and Status" tab show up on the ABPN physician folio website? When I click on it, it tells me that my program has not certified me for next year. I am freaking out that this may be an indicator.

If I remember right, I think it has been there for a long time.

Hmm...Namenda, I would call ABPN immediately. Nowhere on my folio does it state "my program has not certified me for next year".

Namenda, I have the same message when I click on request an application for initial certification. Can others confirm if they have same message?

yes guys, please do not freak out unnecessarily and pass on the freakiness to others. It will show up on everyones portal as long as you took your exam this year, you have to wait until you get an email saying your results are now available or whatever that maybe from ABPN. As long as it says Pending Release of grades under the application status - you are good to go until the grades are released. Plus, remember you have the confirmation sheet after you took your test wherever you took it, that you are the one who took it on whatever date you took it... So relax and wait......

Namenda, one of the fellows I work with has the same message appear prior to taking his test. He still sees the same message.

We are all in a state of high anxiety! I know how you feel.

LAhottie, I'm with you on that one. Why don't they just release the freaking results already or at least tell us if we passed! The ABPN is pushing the release date further each subsequent year that passes.

That's precisely why ABPN is a money sucking mafia !!! Lol

Most inefficient organization I have ever seen. Come on to release computerized test results three months, are we living in stone age?

The results from previous years were out on Friday/Sat. I wonder if this will be the case this week. That would be cruel!

Last edited:
I called APBN today as it has been 12 weeks since my exam. The lady said the results should be out in the next 2 weeks!!

I was unhappy with that reply so I contacted them in writing and this was the reply.

We expect the exam results to be out mid-December.
You will receive an email as soon as they are available.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

So mid December is AFTER the 12 weeks from September 18 which is December 11.

I agree this is terrible!!

These guys can do whatever they want -- we are at their mercy...

I hope the ABPN honors its own statement from the 2015 Neurology CERT Information for Applicants policy document which would promise results by this Friday.

Computer-Administered Examinations
All initial certification and MOC examinations for specialties, including Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: The President and CEO of the Board notifies candidates in writing of the results of their computer-administered examinations no later than eight to twelve weeks from the last date of the testing date range.

Psychiatry residents took their exam approximately 3 weeks after us, and their scores are out today.

Really? I got mine last week.

Got a B+ but got the extra credit question wrong at the end. Wait, what were we talking about?