ABP RCSI Interview emails

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klabib

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if any of you have received RCSI interview emails yet? I'm actually quite worried as I am just yearning to get accepted into pre-med there. Do you guys think that I have a chance at all? Im an Alberta student with an average of about 87 or 88 but my extra-curricular includes working with autistic children integrating them into society, lab work, and entertaining patients. Any chance?
Thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet- they should be going out late January or Early February. My guess is that we will (hopefully) receive emails either next week or the week after.

Your grades appear fine; however, I'm not entirely sure what a competitive average is for a HS student. Your ECs are very good, as a lot of HS students haven't worked in a research lab. 3 colleagues of mine did research during HS and all 3 are studying in Europe.

Good luck!

I've gotten no word either. Figure I'd repost my stats:
I'm from: New York

My country of citizenship is: USA/Republic of Ireland

Bachelor's: Psychology, B.S. (bachelor's of science )

At this University: State University of New York, Cortland

My GPA was: 3.4 (cum laude)

My MCAT Scores were: Not Taken. Took 1 year gen chem, 1 year gen bio, stats, calc, lots of english, neuroscience, psychopharmacology and other science courses.

Extracurricular/Awards: 400 volunteer hours at community hospital, Internship in Psychiatry @ NY Presbyterian, 2x neuroscience studies author (1 likely to be published), inducted into tri-beta bio honor society, 4x dean's list, assisting blind professor in writing a book on cognitive linguistics and a few other things I listed on my CV, behavioral neuroscience teaching assistant

I applied to: Trinity, NUIG, RCSI (5 year programs)
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

My first choice school is: RCSI

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I am in highschool, I only have a certain set of marks per semester in which I can send to them. Will they look at my transcript for the remainder of the marks from previous years? Those were not the best as I recall. Or will they wait until I send them whatever I have left? So far I sent them English, Physics, Biology and Math. I'm waiting on my chemistry and combined science class to start.

Since I am in highschool, I only have a certain set of marks per semester in which I can send to them. Will they look at my transcript for the remainder of the marks from previous years? Those were not the best as I recall. Or will they wait until I send them whatever I have left? So far I sent them English, Physics, Biology and Math. I'm waiting on my chemistry and combined science class to start.

I think they only look at your more recent grades. Don't worry about your grades, just send them when you can. You don't have to worry about the minor details.

Thanks mate, You really re-assured me. I was sitting here stressing in the cold!

Reactions: 1 user
Also havne't heard anything. Here's my stats:

I'm from: Ontario

My country of citizenship is: Canada

Degrees: Combined Hons. BSc Biochemistry & Molecular Biology & Biology

At this University: Dalhousie University

My GPA is: ~3.4/4.3

My MCAT Scores were: Taking MCAT in March

Extracurricular: Worked as student PA in rural hospital for a summer with direct patient contact, varsity rowing team for 4 years, about to publish research paper for honours project, conservation project in Costa Rica, ESL tutor, Peer mentor, Lifeguard

I applied to: All Ireland-GEP programs and 5 year, Northern Ontario School of Medicine
Interviews: none yet
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

My first choice school is: NOSM

I have applied to medical schools this many times: first time

I have low GPA but how are my chances looking?

I have a friend that got acceptance today at RCSI. I am officially very worried.

An outright acceptance? US undergrad student?

I have a friend that got acceptance today at RCSI. I am officially very worried.

Why are you worried, i got my acceptance in like march for NUIG. Whats sent in is sent in. There is nothing you can do about it now. At this time last year i wasn't too concerned at all.

Does anyone know if RCSI generally accepts the students they invite to intetview?

That I don't know. What I do know is that RCSI interview notifications will arrive imminently.

Members don't see this ad :)
checking every hour is making me crazy

Same! At least we're not alone in our anxiety :)

Hopefully you'll receive your invite to interview soon. I received mine 2 days ago, so I'm trying to prep for it right now. It will really be a great help If anyone has any advice about the interview that isn't anywhere else on student doctor.

I hear from ABP that interview notifications will begin in the coming days..

if you google rcsi interview questions quite a bit pops up

I've haven't heard anything yet.

Does that make two confirmed interviews sent out? And OfflinePK, did you call ABP and ask? I hope you're right!

I emailed them about new transcripts, and asked when interviews were to begin. They informed me, "RCSI interview invitations will be issued over the coming days. You will receive an email if you are selected."

And that was today? I'm thinking next week is when the majority of emails will be issued.

Yessir. Here's to us getting accepted! *clinks imaginary champagne flute

The deadline for submitting to ABP was the 31st, so they may be making their decisions now that they have all the apps in.

The deadline for submitting your app to ABP is January 31st, so they may have delayed sending out the majority of interviews until they had all of the applications in for this cycle. Again, I'm just speculating, I by no means know this for sure, just that I don't think people should worry if they haven't received invites yet.

Toronto interview e-mail went out today

I was advised by a SDN friend that west coast interview invites are sent out after the east coast (TO and NY) go out...

Has anybody on the westcoast heard anything yet? if not, can you post when you do hear something back? I'm guessing these are the RCSI interviews scheduled for Vancouver??

Im waiting for the west coast interview too. Beyond stressed m8

I never got any e-mail about Toronto interviews or a rejection. Does this mean I won't get one until second round?

I'm in the West Coast of the US and received an email exactly a week ago. You should maybe check if ABP has your correct email address. I would assume that North American applicants would get an email generally around the same time. If you haven't received an email by now, then you may have to wait till the second round of emails are sent out for the next cycle.

Last edited:
Around when does the second RCSI cycle begin?
Thanks for the information

Hm, barely anyone on SDN got interviews. I looked in the past, and it seems people have got interviews as late as ~February 10th. I guess we'll find out!

Got my interview for RCSI on February 7th, scheduled for the end of the month in Toronto, Canada.

Around when does the second RCSI cycle begin?
Thanks for the information

I believe if you applied and made the Nov. 15th deadline, then you will hear back from RCSI late January/early February. However, if you do not receive any sort of invitation, or rejection then your application will be grouped with those applicants that applied with the January 31st deadline (being the second cycle of applicants). I believe that everyone will hear back April/May, and I'm sure the applicants that received no invite, but applied by Nov. 15th get some kind of priority over the late applicants. I'm not 100% sure, but this is what I have come to understand from reading many threads from this years application and the previous. For all I know, RCSI might give out interviews to the Nov.15 applicants that didn't receive interviews in the first place only because someone declined an offer after the first round of interviews. RCSI would know by early April all the applicants that have declined/accepted, so then they could get back to the ones that didn't get interviewed by then. So they might not even relate applications from the first cycle to the second. I don't think anyone really knows for sure how applicants are selected and what applying early/late means except for RCSI. So no worries. No need to stress about something that isn't known. At this point, applicants that made the original deadline, but didn't get an interview should probably hear about an interview or rejection in April/May. I would email ABP to see when you'll be hearing back from RCSI for sure though. I would wait a week or so because who knows you still might get an interview :D

Last edited:
Wise words, indeed. Thanks again for the information.

I was emailed for an interview in Toronto yesterday.

CuriousGee, congratulations on the interview. I'm in Alberta and getting worried. I'm in grade 12 with marks 91 for Bio, 92 for Chem, 100 for math 30/31, and taking English and Physics in this semester. Compared to your marks, do you think that I'll get an interview as well?

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't think I can be of any help to you. I applied to the RCSI graduate entry program.

You should check out the 'Stats of Applicants to Irish Schools' thread. It has a lot of info about students applying directly out of high school.

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't think I can be of any help to you. I applied to the RCSI graduate entry program.

You should check out the 'Stats of Applicants to Irish Schools' thread. It has a lot of info about students applying directly out of high school.

Thanks CuriousGee,
I'm still new to the process, so in general, do students coming straight from High School get interviewed?

So has anyone received a request for a Vancouver interview yet?

So has anyone received a request for a Vancouver interview yet?

Are you applying for the 4-yr program? I am applying for the 5-yr program, completed my application by the November 15 deadline, in the West Coast and no notification so far. It should be this week though. Anybody else?

Are you applying for the 4-yr program? I am applying for the 5-yr program, completed my application by the November 15 deadline, in the West Coast and no notification so far. It should be this week though. Anybody else?

I applied to the 4-year program, I live/attend school in Vancouver - west coast of Canada and I have heard no news yet.

I believe if you applied and made the Nov. 15th deadline, then you will hear back from RCSI late January/early February. However, if you do not receive any sort of invitation, or rejection then your application will be grouped with those applicants that applied with the January 31st deadline (being the second cycle of applicants). I believe that everyone will hear back April/May, and I'm sure the applicants that received no invite, but applied by Nov. 15th get some kind of priority over the late applicants. I'm not 100% sure, but this is what I have come to understand from reading many threads from this years application and the previous. For all I know, RCSI might give out interviews to the Nov.15 applicants that didn't receive interviews in the first place only because someone declined an offer after the first round of interviews. RCSI would know by early April all the applicants that have declined/accepted, so then they could get back to the ones that didn't get interviewed by then. So they might not even relate applications from the first cycle to the second. I don't think anyone really knows for sure how applicants are selected and what applying early/late means except for RCSI. So no worries. No need to stress about something that isn't known. At this point, applicants that made the original deadline, but didn't get an interview should probably hear about an interview or rejection in April/May. I would email ABP to see when you'll be hearing back from RCSI for sure though. I would wait a week or so because who knows you still might get an interview :D

Thanks for this great post. I applied before Nov. 15th but my second reference and my transcripts weren't sent until early January. I guess this means I'll be waiting for second round interviews. On a side note, I got an interview to NOSM today! Super happy about that.