About USF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosfet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the instructions for USF and it says that they need two letters of recs from someone I know, and this is apart from the three letters of recs by professors that I have already submitted. What's going on? Did anybody turn in those two extra letters of recs? Does it really matter if you turn just one?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yes, i turned in the extra two letters of refrence. i don't know how anal they are about wanting them all, so unless someone can give you something definitive, i'd recommend you call. for the last two, i used a boss and then a physician i knew and had shadowed a few times. i don't know how seriously they look at them, but when a school asks for something it's generally because they're interested in it.

Give Mr. Larkin a call. He's really nice and helpful. I turned all the requested letters as well like the above poster.

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in 5 letters, but didn't specify which 2 would be my character references. Hopefully 2 of the 5 will be personal enough to fulfill the requirement. My advisor agreed with my idea, and said USF isn't "extremely" strict about the letters, although they want more than just academic write-ups.
I got an interview, so I am assuming everything is OK.

I never new there was a med school at USF. Do u guys mean UCSF?:confused:

I never new there was a med school at USF. Do u guys mean UCSF?

University of Central South Florida? Nope.

Originally posted by evines
University of Central South Florida? Nope.

O I see, I thought you guys were talking about University of San Francisco.