About Mt. Sinai Elmhurst Pediatrics Residency Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legitimate_Koala_992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a non US IMG interviewing this season and have just been invited to Elmhurst , Mt. Sinai Pediatrics Program. It doesn't participate in match. But the program credentials seem very well. The Institute seems well respected and in fact is a Level 1 trauma center in NY. Among the 13 2020 graduates, 8 of them have been placed in fellowship. And they seem to have a global health initiative as well. Queens seems to be a fine place to live as well.
If anyone could provide any information, it would be really useful.
ps: Are programs not participating in match are non competitive as a rule ?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that prematch programs are usually pretty terrible. I just can't tell if it's one of the better ones or not? I haven't actually done my interview so sadly I have very little things to add. I'm also interested in the answer. Can't seem to find much information on the internet about it.

I know that generally new york city programs work you longer and harder. I just want to know if it's hellish like some of the horror stories about lincoln etc. or if it's more on par with the regular new york programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a follow-up question: I'm a current 2nd year D.O. student looking ahead & really really hoping to do peds residency in NYC or East Coast in general. Does anyone know if they consider D.O. applicants for this program?

I have a follow-up question: I'm a current 2nd year D.O. student looking ahead & really really hoping to do peds residency in NYC or East Coast in general. Does anyone know if they consider D.O. applicants for this program?
Plenty of programs accept DO students. Just look into current resident lists in your area of interest.