Abortion policy at OHSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santaverdad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read on the OHSU OB/Gyn website that a resident who did not want to perform abortions had to appear before a committee and justify their decision. My questions are how intense is this "inquisition" session and do all OHSU OB/Gyn residents choose to perform abortions?

Members don't see this ad.

i am an intern at OHSU. i can confirm that it is a very family planning friendly program. i dont know of anyone who has opted out of the training, and one of the reasons most of chose to come here was because of the abortion policy. we are very commited to providing that access. i have a feeling that being in front of the committee wouldnt be like an inquisition, but the reasons would have to be for moral or religious objections. our director is pretty open about this at the interview day and welcomes interviewees to discuss it during their interviews with faculty and residents.

AYC

Very helpful post..thanks!..please add it to the MSFC Residency Program Database if you get a chance

http://www.ms4c.org/resguide.htm

I will only be considering residency programs that offer complete training in Obgyn.

i am an intern at OHSU. i can confirm that it is a very family planning friendly program. i dont know of anyone who has opted out of the training, and one of the reasons most of chose to come here was because of the abortion policy. we are very commited to providing that access. i have a feeling that being in front of the committee wouldnt be like an inquisition, but the reasons would have to be for moral or religious objections. our director is pretty open about this at the interview day and welcomes interviewees to discuss it during their interviews with faculty and residents.

AYC

Members don't see this ad :)
For all of those familiar with the program, can you tell me more about the other aspects of the training there? And what the city is like? I'm an east coast girl my entire life, but I love what OHSU is doing in family planning - that's definitely important to me in my residency training. However, I also want to make sure they are strong in other areas (namely GYO) and make sure I'd be able to adjust to living in Oregon! Any help would be greatly appreciated:)