Abim 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if anyone has received their score breakdown yet? I passed, just curious to see my score.

I imagine you got the same email I did which said:
ABIM will mail you a Score Report with details about your performance on the examination within the next seven days. If you do not receive your Score Report by 11/16/2011 you may call the ABIM Customer Service Department at 1-800-441-ABIM to request that a duplicate copy be mailed.

Given how timely they otherwise are, I doubt anybody's seen one yet. I don't anticipate mine until a week from Monday if that.

Members don't see this ad.

do they give percentiles on the actual score report?

I am a bit concerned also by the news that I failed. I took the exam right after completing a 3 year IM fellowship. No break in between residency and taking this test. I never failed a Step Exam, and I am an American grad from a well-known allopathic med school. I am in year 1 of a fellowship, so the idea of re-taking this in August scares me b/c I will be very busy with call/work--again! I thought of taking it later (postponing until after fellowship), but I already discussed this with my current Program Director who discouraged it. He said that we need to be board certified in IM before we are allowed to sit for our fellowship Boards. Crap! This really sucks! Not only is the exam ridiculous, but it is expensive, and ruins yet another summer--not to mention the stress level! Plus, I DID study. I wish I could make myself feel better by saying that I didn't. I did all of the MKSAP 15 questions on the CD (twice) and my percentages improved dramatically from 65 the first time to 80%. the second time. I also took a board review course, and read only the books given to me in that course. I did not read anything else. I honestly do not know what to do to prepare differently. I also am embarassed to tell my peers in fellowship, but I will have to, since they will notice me trying to turf call come July/August. I guess I am writing to vent. I haven't told anyone but my boss and my husband, and I am glad that more people are sharing their stories :) And yes, I am also having a hard time sleeping since I found out Thursday afternoon--and left work in tears in the middle of the day
:-(

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am a bit concerned also by the news that I failed. I took the exam right after completing a 3 year IM fellowship. No break in between residency and taking this test. I never failed a Step Exam, and I am an American grad from a well-known allopathic med school. I am in year 1 of a fellowship, so the idea of re-taking this in August scares me b/c I will be very busy with call/work--again! I thought of taking it later (postponing until after fellowship), but I already discussed this with my current Program Director who discouraged it. He said that we need to be board certified in IM before we are allowed to sit for our fellowship Boards. Crap! This really sucks! Not only is the exam ridiculous, but it is expensive, and ruins yet another summer--not to mention the stress level! Plus, I DID study. I wish I could make myself feel better by saying that I didn't. I did all of the MKSAP 15 questions on the CD (twice) and my percentages improved dramatically from 65 the first time to 80%. the second time. I also took a board review course, and read only the books given to me in that course. I did not read anything else. I honestly do not know what to do to prepare differently. I also am embarassed to tell my peers in fellowship, but I will have to, since they will notice me trying to turf call come July/August. I guess I am writing to vent. I haven't told anyone but my boss and my husband, and I am glad that more people are sharing their stories :) And yes, I am also having a hard time sleeping since I found out Thursday afternoon--and left work in tears in the middle of the day
:-(

Sorry to hear that. :( Let me share w/ you my experience. I scored about 30% on my inservice exams. Did MKSAP 15 once at the end of third year of residency. Got 67%. Repeated half of MKSAP 15 before stopping because I had decided that I'd hold off on taking abim for a year to focus on fellowship and personal stuff. I bought a copy of the ACP's board review course DVDs/MP3. Besides listening to the MP3's in car from time to time, I didn't study any internal med stuff during first year of fellowship until around april. From april until June of first year of fellowship, I finished the second half of MKSAP 15. Surprisingly, I didn't forget much and scored 77%. I let program director know that I was planning to take ABIM begining of second year so I got easy rotations in July and August. Did MKSAP a third time and got 80% overall. On my fourth time, did only the missed questions and got anywhere between 57% and 70%. Also did MKSAP 14 and scored 71% overall.

My point is that it IS possible to study during fellowship and pass your exams. You took the first step in the right direction by talking to your PD about it. Next you need to put together a plan of how you'll keep updated with the IM materials. I did it by listening to lectures in the car and doing mksap. You'd be surprised by how much material you retain during fellowship. If anything, I thought I had a more solid grasp of IM at the end of my first year of fellowship then at the end of residency. Good luck!

For all of you who did not pass, my scenario may make you feel better or worse. I just received my test results and failed for the 5th time. What makes me really nervous is thinking that to be in the bottom 10-13% of testtakers 5 years in row, I must be doing something systematically wrong. If anyone can make any suggestions that would be helpful I would be so grateful! I would love to hear especially from the people who failed, took the exam again and passed.

Here is my history- to put things in context, I did my "preliminary"internship in 2001. At the end of my internship year I gave birth to my first child. From 2001-2003, I did a specialty residency but decided it wasn't for me and did not finish the program. From 2003-2004, I had my second child and was at home. From 2004-2006, I finished an IM residency and was considered a very good to excellent resident. From 2006-2010, I did a fellowship and now I am in my second year as an attending. I went to what many would consider a "topnotch" med school and got into a very competitive residency on graduation. I have never been a good test taker, wasn't AOA, but made it through med school with my clinical grades being better than the first 1.5 years of med school. I have always been interested in a research career and my board status has not interfered with that. I do want to pass this exam though and if anyone can tell me what it is in my study approach that I am doing wrong and how I can study differently and successfully, I would be very grateful.

Test attempt Year Preparation Results
1 2007 Very little, read some parts of MKSAP Failed, by greater than one SD

2 2008 Medstudy video, ACP review course,did very few question, study for 2 months straight Failed, but much improved, score was very close to passing

3 2009 Read all of Medstudy, took notes, did very few questions, started studying in June Failed with scores similar to 2007

4 2010 Medstudy Review Course, some Medstudy questions, was scoring in the 65-75% on questions, started studying in May failed but was even closer to passing than 2008

5 2011 From January on, met with a "board guru" hospitalist on a weekly basis, read mksap thoroughly, did all mksap questions with scores about 70%, did not read Medstudy, did some Medstudy questions and got about 75% on them

For those of you who passed, do you recommend Medstudy or MKSAP or both? How many times did you read them? What questions did you do and how many times? In my opinion, since your score is weighted against the performance of your peers, understudying is the number one way to fail. How many times did the average testtaker who passed go through the material? Do you recommend sticking to questions only?
I am in the same boat as you. Did you by any chance do any group studying? They talked a lot about that on the Medstudy review I attended.

do they give percentiles on the actual score report?

You should get: Your percent correct and your decile for each of the medical content areas, as well as your standardized score for the overall performance (and the standardized passing score).

Out of I.M. residency 1984. Took and flunked the boards that year-- multiple excuses won't go into. Ended up going into solo practice in small town with 50 bed hospital, the only studying I usually did was what was needed for my active patients. I never felt I needed to be boarded as I never plan to leave. This year my daughter was studying for MCAT, my wife suggested I take the boards again-- 27 years after my last flunking experience! I started Medstudy in January and would guess my average daily studying was 2 hours per day-- obviously some days none, some tons! My incentive was not to disappoint my daughter! A partner gave me dvd MKSAP 15, I didn't even attempt them until late July as I was afraid I'd be a complete failure at it. When I finally got the balls to try I was anywhere from 55-80%'s and was surprised some of my worst were the biggies ie... Cardio. I did all the questions 3 times, then on 5x7 cards wrote down all the main pointers in each individual question. I crammed those into my brain. I actually learned a LOT!!!! Took the test 8/24- obviously the last date!! I actually felt very good coming out of the test, certainly had about 8-10 WTF was that question all about! I PASSED!!! I feel great and I also know how those who didn't pass feel. Hope my story helps some on how to study-- I certainly was never the brightest bulb in the class, just a story to never give up, we're all in a unique profession that demands perfection so we feel bad if we don't always succeed! Good luck to all!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I really appreciate some of this advice as I know my study strategy has to change. NYC nephrology-how many hours were you studying? What was your study schedule? I appreciate hearing from fellows cause I am in that situation and am trying to figure out how to best budget my time. I just started a medstudy book and find it much more readable than MKSAP. I also think it will help me with fellowship boards so that's good.
For people who passed, any ideas on how to divide up the time over the next 8-9 months while doing fellowship?

I started studying in May, so in total I spent 4 months preparing. The first two months I spent doing questions (MKSAP, medstudy and Kaplan Qbook) and I also read the medstudy core curriculum once. During the week I spent about 1-1.5 hours studying as I was a first year fellow during the months of May and June. Weekends that I was not on call would allow me to put in about 3-4 hours each day. The way I would work was topic review then questions i.e. I would read the Cardiology section of medstudy and then do all the cardio questions in MKSAP. I did not want to just say I was weak in one specialty, I wanted to know exactly what areas in that specialty I was weak in. I can honestly say that after the first two months I knew exactly what I had to do for the next two months.

I spent July and August repeating MKSAP questions, however this time I mixed everything up. This time around was the true test of knowledge. When I read the medstudy books this time, I quizzed myself with the questions at the end of each topic section (they appear in a box after every 2-3 pages).

Now my time was limited by fellowship. If you have more time to dedicate then I would suggest doing what I did, but starting earlier.

Please remember this is purely my opinion and it is what worked for me. Everyone is going to give you their method of passing this test. I spoke to a lot of people from last year that took the test and I received a variety of strategies. These ranged from going to a board review course and doing MKSAP questions to reading medstudy and MKSAP and doing MKSAP questions. Don't feel pressured to do a course or read multiple books just stick to one text and master the material contained. Then prove to yourself that you know the material with questions.

I found myself a bit panicked when the exam was approaching. I remember feeling as though I did not do enough as I had friends who were taking review courses as well as using books that were different from mines. In the end I ignored what everyone else was doing and I ensured that there was not a single area that I remained weak in.

Hope this helps

Thankfully I passed the boards. I came out of this exam feeling fairly uncertain of my performance. It was a relief when I got my results. I wanted to pass along a couple of points to those who are planning on taking this exam next year. First of all, this exam is NOT easy. I think a lot of people are misled by the high pass rate published by the ABIM and end up failing due to overconfidence or underestimation of this exam. This exam definitely requires serious preparation.
Second, I received rather general advice about how to prepare, i.e. do Medstudy and/or MKSAP. I think something that needs to be emphasized is HOW to use the materials. I used MKSAP 15 questions solely which I completed in their entirety twice. It is crucial to read the question explanations for ALL questions whether you got them right or wrong. Pay careful attention to the explanations and TAKE NOTES, particularly of salient facts and points that you are not as comfortable or familiar with. Also try to do extra reading in areas that you're weak in. All this takes time so set aside enough to time to do this. It's easy to get lazy on this but it will pay off, particularly when it's crunch time in the final weeks prior to the exam. It was much easier and more effective to flip through 20-30 pages of my own notes than combing through a thousand question explanations right before the exam.
Bottom line: take this exam seriously. Good luck to all those who will be taking this exam next year and congrats to those who passed this year.

Thankfully I passed the boards. I came out of this exam feeling fairly uncertain of my performance.

Absolutely. I've left exams before unsure if I did as well as I thought I was going to, but not until ABIM have a left an exam with a serious thought that I failed it. Very happy to have passed and to not have to deal with that thing again.

Second, I received rather general advice about how to prepare, i.e. do Medstudy and/or MKSAP. I think something that needs to be emphasized is HOW to use the materials.

Absolutely. My technique was a little all over the place at first but eventually I did it this way which seemed to work well enough for me (YMMV of course):
1. Pick a topic section of MKSAP (I just started at the top and worked my way through).
2. Take a 50 question practice test. If >80%, do the rest of the questions in that section, paying close attention to the explanations, even on the the questions I got right. If the the total % on the section was >70% I didn't bother reading the associated text and I moved on to the next topic.
3. If "pre-test" was <80%, read the entire topic, then do another 50 question "post-test." If the score was >70%, move on to the next topic and repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed.

Then, at the end of all the reading and pre/post testing, I reset all the questions to unanswered (I used MKSAP15 digital) and did a series of 100 question mixed subject tests until I'd gotten through all of them. Then I went back and read the answers for all the ones I got wrong. If I'd had more time, I would have then read a different review source on those topics I did particularly poorly on (looking at you Rheumatology and Endo) but it just didn't happen.

Hi Everyone,

There is life after failing. Passed this year, but I failed the test last year and I know how many of you feel. It feels like some one punched you in the stomach and then just stood over you laughing. At the time I was in the first year of my gastro fellowship and for the first time in my career I doubted whether I derserved all I had achieved and if I was actually smart enough to be a doctor.

A little background on me. I went to a top college, a very reputable American Allopathic medical school, and a good University Residency program. In medical school I was in the dead middle of the class, but as a resident I excelled. I matched in GI and finished my residency on a strong note. All my mentors and older friends said that I'd pass the medicine boards with no problem. "Do the MKSAP questions and you'll be fine". I took the test last year and actually walked out thinking that it wasn't that bad. I should have realized then that i had failed.

Fast foward to the beginning of 2011. I was not going to let this test beat me again. I got the Med Study books and read the series cover to cover. I took notes on everything including the stuff that I already knew. In May I started doing the MKSAP questions on line. My score for the first time through was 77%. But the score is not what is important. I took notes on every single question!!! Filled up two whole ringed binders with notes. I then loaded the CD on my computer and did all the questions again. Any question I got wrong I took extensive notes for. I felt at this time that I had a good grasp on all the material. However it was not until I took a course that everything came together. Even for those of you that say your not auditory learners and that a class won't help you, you're wrong. The internal medicine board is hard for two reasons. One is that the writers of the questions dislike us for some reason and want to make us all miserable. Two is that there is sooooooo much material. There is nothing you can do about the former, but the later is easy to fix. Take a course. It will focus on what you need to study. I attribute the course as the main reason I passed. I knew so much random useless information before it, but the course helped refine my knowledge and beat that test this year. Thank god I'll never have to take this test again, and I can now sit for my GI boards in 2013!!!

So for all you who failed; Yes it sucks, Yes you're hurting, Yes you hate the ABIM, but passing is achievable. I didn't take this test seriously the first time I took it, but I have now seen the error of my ways. This test is the hardest test you will ever take and you have to study for it like you've never studied before, but if you do then you will pass. Just respect the test and you'll be fine.

Congrats to those who passed.

For those who used videos, which was better, medstudy or the acp review videos? Or is there a different one which you used? Thanks!!

Hello,

I was devastated too to find out that I failed last week. Don't have full score report yet to find out how far or close I was. Never failed any test in my life before. I cannot even begin to describe my pain but I take comfort knowing I am not alone.

I would like to give background on myself. I am born and raised in US and am a native speaker of English so I can't use that excuse. Cleared all 3 steps of USMLE in single attempts by huge margins though my scores would notbe considered competitive. Hurts even more that people who could not accomplish these things passed ABIM in single attempt. My in Service exams were well into 40's first two years then became 26 PGY3. Graduated in Middle of academic year so had to wait following year to take board. People in my program who did worse on ITE passed in single attempt. Went to elite top 5 premed university and well respected allopathic us private university med school and then went to univ program for residency. My PD predicted I would be fine on the real exam. Did all MKSAP 15 reading, questions, answer/explanations twice and was 86% 2nd time. Real test was nothing like MKSAP.

Reading similar stories from others. Many who failed and then passed "took notes". How does one take notes on questions, reading, answers, etc on note cards or notebooks. Specific examples would help. What kinds of things do you guys write for your notes that helped you to pass. Which are best high yield home video and audio. Haven't heard that many good things about ACP products and obviously I did great on their MKSAP but still failed.

Part of problem was overconfidence from always passing before and 87% ABIM published pass rate which is hard to believe and also hard to believe it is a test to determine "minimum competence". It was pretty tough. Thought USMLE was also tough when I finished each of those but never had passing problem. My current job didn't give me much study time (Hospitalist attending two counties away from home) for studying which was mostly scattered starting March before exam. Am doing great in current job with regards to performance, eval's, but now with this failure, I may not be able to get hired in a new job. Am really scared.

Would like to make my wife and soon to be born son proud of me next year and will work as hard as possible for this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received the official report yet?

Your story "of an old timer" inspires me. It looks like you wrote down things from MKSAP questions on notecards. I failed this year and would like to know of your note taking strategy for my next attempt. What types of things did you write on those note cards, specific examples. I guess I am trying to figure out how I should be taking notes.

What types of things did you write on those note cards, specific examples. I guess I am trying to figure out how I should be taking notes.

Think of taking notes as trying to write a text book. I know it sounds extreme but if you know enough to teach the material you will know enough to pass the test. This is the way I approached it. Everyone works differently, but this method worked for me.

Your "story of an old timer" really inspires me. I failed this year and just got out of residency last year. For my second attempt, I would like to be like you and make my child proud. He hasn't been born yet but we are expecting this month.

Specifically, I would like to know about your note taking strategy. I am seeing from you and others that they took notes on the questions/answers and some people took notes on texts they read.

I guess I have no idea how to take these notes or what to write in them whether taking notes on questions/answers or on texts we read. Some people did the note card thing like you and others filled notebooks. I would appreciate any specific advice you have on this matter. Thank you.

Thanks for the tip. It looks like I posted my questions twice by accident. Sorry about that to you and everyone else.

Hello,

I was devastated too to find out that I failed last week. Don't have full score report yet to find out how far or close I was. Never failed any test in my life before. I cannot even begin to describe my pain but I take comfort knowing I am not alone.

I would like to give background on myself. I am born and raised in US and am a native speaker of English so I can't use that excuse. Cleared all 3 steps of USMLE in single attempts by huge margins though my scores would notbe considered competitive. Hurts even more that people who could not accomplish these things passed ABIM in single attempt. My in Service exams were well into 40's first two years then became 26 PGY3. Graduated in Middle of academic year so had to wait following year to take board. People in my program who did worse on ITE passed in single attempt. Went to elite top 5 premed university and well respected allopathic us private university med school and then went to univ program for residency. My PD predicted I would be fine on the real exam. Did all MKSAP 15 reading, questions, answer/explanations twice and was 86% 2nd time. Real test was nothing like MKSAP.

Reading similar stories from others. Many who failed and then passed "took notes". How does one take notes on questions, reading, answers, etc on note cards or notebooks. Specific examples would help. What kinds of things do you guys write for your notes that helped you to pass. Which are best high yield home video and audio. Haven't heard that many good things about ACP products and obviously I did great on their MKSAP but still failed.

Part of problem was overconfidence from always passing before and 87% ABIM published pass rate which is hard to believe and also hard to believe it is a test to determine "minimum competence". It was pretty tough. Thought USMLE was also tough when I finished each of those but never had passing problem. My current job didn't give me much study time (Hospitalist attending two counties away from home) for studying which was mostly scattered starting March before exam. Am doing great in current job with regards to performance, eval's, but now with this failure, I may not be able to get hired in a new job. Am really scared.

Would like to make my wife and soon to be born son proud of me next year and will work as hard as possible for this.

I took notes from the MKSAP and medstudy question-explanations, only facts I did not know. Also took notes from review materials. I wrote it in a case presentation format with an arrow leading to the answer, all in one line! I was able to cram thousands of pearls in a packet of about 30 pages front and back. The last 2 weeks was able to review my notes more than a half dozen times and redo about 100 questions per day.

Not me either. It is supposed to reach before the 16th, correct? That's what I read in an earlier post.... on the ABIM telephone line they say that it will be posted in 2 weeks, so I suppose the waiting game starts again. I want to know the score to know my weak and strong areas....

Not me either. It is supposed to reach before the 16th, correct? That's what I read in an earlier post.... on the ABIM telephone line they say that it will be posted in 2 weeks, so I suppose the waiting game starts again. I want to know the score to know my weak and strong areas....

I am not interested in weak and strong areas at this point, I am just happy I passed. All I care about now is my percentile to see how it compares to my inservice scores.:D

I am not interested in weak and strong areas at this point, I am just happy I passed. All I care about now is my percentile to see how it compares to my inservice scores.:D

I think they are wasting paper by sending it to me.

Once I saw BC through 2021, I was done. :laugh::laugh:

Has anyone received the score report yet?

I guess if most people haven't received it by Nov16th, then ABIM will get alot of calls.

I agree, they are going to be bombarded with phone calls on the 16th! No, I didn't get mine either, I don't know of anyone who has received it yet.

Hello,

Congrats for passing!

Last edited:
I just hung up with the ABIM. There has been a delay in mailing the results. It is going to be another week. Ugh!

Hi Everyone,

There is life after failing. Passed this year, but I failed the test last year and I know how many of you feel. It feels like some one punched you in the stomach and then just stood over you laughing. At the time I was in the first year of my gastro fellowship and for the first time in my career I doubted whether I derserved all I had achieved and if I was actually smart enough to be a doctor.

A little background on me. I went to a top college, a very reputable American Allopathic medical school, and a good University Residency program. In medical school I was in the dead middle of the class, but as a resident I excelled. I matched in GI and finished my residency on a strong note. All my mentors and older friends said that I'd pass the medicine boards with no problem. "Do the MKSAP questions and you'll be fine". I took the test last year and actually walked out thinking that it wasn't that bad. I should have realized then that i had failed.

Fast foward to the beginning of 2011. I was not going to let this test beat me again. I got the Med Study books and read the series cover to cover. I took notes on everything including the stuff that I already knew. In May I started doing the MKSAP questions on line. My score for the first time through was 77%. But the score is not what is important. I took notes on every single question!!! Filled up two whole ringed binders with notes. I then loaded the CD on my computer and did all the questions again. Any question I got wrong I took extensive notes for. I felt at this time that I had a good grasp on all the material. However it was not until I took a course that everything came together. Even for those of you that say your not auditory learners and that a class won't help you, you're wrong. The internal medicine board is hard for two reasons. One is that the writers of the questions dislike us for some reason and want to make us all miserable. Two is that there is sooooooo much material. There is nothing you can do about the former, but the later is easy to fix. Take a course. It will focus on what you need to study. I attribute the course as the main reason I passed. I knew so much random useless information before it, but the course helped refine my knowledge and beat that test this year. Thank god I'll never have to take this test again, and I can now sit for my GI boards in 2013!!!

So for all you who failed; Yes it sucks, Yes you're hurting, Yes you hate the ABIM, but passing is achievable. I didn't take this test seriously the first time I took it, but I have now seen the error of my ways. This test is the hardest test you will ever take and you have to study for it like you've never studied before, but if you do then you will pass. Just respect the test and you'll be fine.

Congrats to those who passed.
Thanks for your reply. And, I like the rest of you--am still waiting for the report. Do not bother calling ABIM. I called today. You wait 20min--and then they say, "we don't know when you'll get the report. We usually find out when Doctors call us, and say they have received it".

So, quick Q for you in regards to your study method since you and I have similar stories, ie. background education and being in a fellowship...1) did you use MKSAP 15 (or 14 or other) Q's? 2) which review course do you recommend--and did you take it right before? 3) Did you do any other Q's, ie. Medstudy, or just read those books? And is Medstudy all you read, or did you read anything else? I hate having too many sources (being spread too thin)...
thanks!

Last edited:
I just hung up with the ABIM. There has been a delay in mailing the results. It is going to be another week. Ugh![/QUOT

Ugh is the word. I am sure they were bombarded with phone calls today.

The lady I spoke with was annoyed that I was calling about the score report. I think she didn't realize that the original email specifically mentioned score reports being sent out within seven days, and that we should contact them by Nov 16th if we hadn't received it yet. Once she did realize that, she conveniently said that 'it was a mistake'. Such sloppy work. And then you pay so much for these exams. Just realized you pay double for fellowship exams. Doesn't get any better.

About time doctors had an occupy movement of their own. It probably wouldn't work though. Imagine doctors complaining about exam fees while people can't find a job. Make us look like jerks.

I just hung up with the ABIM. There has been a delay in mailing the results. It is going to be another week. Ugh!

I understand that, if you failed, you want to know where to focus your energy, I get that. But were you really going to start focused studying yesterday as soon as you reviewed your score report? It's not unreasonable to start some studying now but think big picture and go over everything. Do the focused work after you've gone through everything (including text and 1 or 2 different question banks) once or twice and still have weak spots.

Or...since the ABIM exam is basically the Rheum boards with a little cards, GI and heme thrown in to keep them honest, just study rheumatology and you'll be fine.

I guess I will be up past midnight tonight

Hi,

I am planning to take my American Board of Internal Medicine recertification exam in 2012. Looking for a study partner/group. Passed it last time on first attempt.

My phone is 320-281-4447

Thanks

Hi,

I am planning to take my American Board of Internal Medicine recertification exam in 2012. Looking for a study partner/group. Passed it last time on first attempt.

My phone is 320-281-4447

Thanks

Not sure if serious . . .

Seriously though, just in case you are, take down your phone number.

Does anybody know more specifics about the reason for the delay .......?

finally when I called today, the recording says that the score report has been mailed. Check your mail boxes, should be available in the next 2 days!

finally when I called today, the recording says that the score report has been mailed. Check your mail boxes, should be available in the next 2 days!

Thanks for the info :)! They also e-mailed. What took them so long??

Last edited:
What a pain!

My residency program does not believe that I failed since my performance was good as well as my ACP scores , so they sent me lots of email to ask lots of questions. I was very embarrassed and upset to tell them the truth. My friends did not believe also.

still waiting for the report to tell them what happened.

Thanks for the info :)! They also e-mailed. What took them so long??

Whatever the reason (beats me!), it really is a pain to wait this long.... hopefully by the 30th we should all have the score report in our hands...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, even though we may have so many problems, we also have many many things to give Thanks for, I think this Holiday reminds us of that!

anyone get their reports?
Got a score of 607. That's reassuring...
I studied just the summary points from electronic version of MKSAP and notes from AWESOME REVIEW.
Earlier I had seen some MEDSTUDY videos.
Now I can just concentrate on my fellowship...
:soexcited:

Last edited:
Hi,Just got my score card.Very Happy to get 690.I am a foreign grad,did residency from community hospital,got 90s in ITE,studied for one and half months,I m doing easy fellowship,so,had some time to study.I studied MKSAP and Med Study,I used to do MKSAP theory and then MCQs.I used to make a note of stuff that I didnt know and need to memorize,such as when to reapeat colonoscopy with people having X no, of polyp,I started from the areas which I was weak at,such as Gen Internal Medicine,ID,hem/onc.and left the subjects that I was strong for later.I didn't do any review courses,but my friends did Rahman course and they told me it helped.I think one of the key thing in preparing is to know your weaker areas and work on that.If u have any question ,feel free to ask me,
I would be happy to offer help to those people who will be preparing for the exam next year.

Just got my score. Scored 668. Way more than my expectations. Did not study MKSAP at all. Not even a single MCQ in whole 3rd year. I did do MKSAP 14 during my first 2 years of residency. 3rd year i was busy with research and fellowship match stuff.
Just attended and revised AWSOME REVIEW course which is the awsomest thing that can happen to any1 preparing for boards.
Good luck

Haven't got mine yet....hopefully today...

Yes, finally the score report.....scored 703! was surprised when I saw it....very happy, of course.
I did MKSAP 3 times and also went thru the MEDSTUDY videos. Did not take any review courses, they were too expensive for me.
I thought the degree of difficulty of atleast 50% of the questions was at par with the MKSAP questions, the other 50% were slightly easier.
No wonder it is not an exam to be underestimated by anyone. I think I was mislead by many of earlier test takers that it is an "easy exam"....NO WAY is it easy.
Good luck!

Wow..congrats to all those who scored really high!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.