Abfm 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

familyMed2022

Reaction score
Abfm 2022. Who else giving the exam this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Just took it today, so random. Idk how I could’ve prepared differently.

Incredibly random. Was genuinely annoyed. Made some really dumb mistakes. Dreading my score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m the same boat. I need to stop checking the answers, because I got too many wrong.
I felt the board review may have been good, but review of some CK steps may have been helpful.
Praying we all pass!

Board review, aafp questions, ITEs

Reactions: 1 users
So no change from 10 years ago then. I'm working the longitudinal program for recertification and it is no different, worse actually.

AAFP and ITEs

Reactions: 1 user
Used AAFP and ITEs as well. Thought AAFP vids got me some questions right. Thought questions were similar overall but were more in depth and not as easy compared to the ITEs. Exiting I felt like I always do with these types of tests....neither good nor bad, just meh.
Nice to get that and my taxes over with though. God I'm getting old.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they releasing prelim scores today? Anyone know if all of last weeks dates go out all at once?
Its usually out 3-7 business days after exam. Wondering if those had exam last Tuesday got their results or not

Got my preliminary pass today, took it last Tuesday. I did all AAFP questions and all Uworld FM board questions. The exam felt fair to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Got a preliminary pass today. I took it last Tuesday also and felt terrible after the test and looked up answers and got a bunch wrong. I did AAFP questions and reviewed old ITEs.

Got a preliminary pass today. I took it last Tuesday also and felt terrible after the test and looked up answers and got a bunch wrong. I did AAFP questions and reviewed old ITEs.
Did you get an email?

I got an email and then checked on the ABFM website

Took mine Wednesday, 4/13, still waiting

Just got the email, passed (prelim)!

Passed. I left feeling like ****.

I got a prelim pending review :( anyone know anything about that?

I got a prelim pending review :( anyone know anything about that?
I’ve been reading last years threads and majority of people that received this passed. Just have to wait which is torture.

Has anyone received results today? I took Friday so will probably get results tomorrow at earliest.

Preliminary pass. Received the result this afternoon. I took the exam 4/14.

Congrats, passed as well

I passed!!! Thank you Father God!! 🙌🏾

Exam date 04/15. Prelim pass this afternoon.
Good luck everyone!

Congrats to you all! Just curious how all of you felt after taking the exam? Did you feel like you had to guess a lot, missed a lot after the fact?

Congrats to you all! Just curious how all of you felt after taking the exam? Did you feel like you had to guess a lot, missed a lot after the fact?
I personally felt it was fair. There were of course some questions that very few people will actually know the answer to without just guessing. I also felt like certain subjects were way over-represented than others which seems to happen every test that I take (COMLEX, etc)

I would say the test was similar to old ITEs which are also seen on the AAFP website. Uworld was a great source because those questions I felt were more challenging but had better explanations. Definitely left the test feeling like mehhh but as everyone said there are some questions that you just won't know and an educated guess is your best option.

I wrote exam on 4/18. got a pass yesterday. I did ITE and some more aafp questions which are old ITEs. I passed ITEs in residency. Anyone can pass this

Any DO PGY-3's take the AOBFP board exam? It said like 8-10 weeks to get the scores back. Just curious as the MD board exam as seen here seems to have instant turnaround times for results.

Used AAFP and ITEs as well. Thought AAFP vids got me some questions right. Thought questions were similar overall but were more in depth and not as easy compared to the ITEs. Exiting I felt like I always do with these types of tests....neither good nor bad, just meh.
Nice to get that and my taxes over with though. God I'm getting old.
Congrats would you be willing to share to aafp videos with me via google drive [email protected] Thanks!

got my prelim pass yesterday monday the 25th. I took the exam on wednesday the 20th
background: Pgy1 and pgy 2 I was very low in ITE and did not pass, PGY 3 I finally passed ITE but was below the avg
Study technique: I reviewed all ITE back to 2018, did all AAFP questions and kept reviewing the concepts I got wrong.
Took the AAFP review course online but didn't really find the stream or ppts helpful. There are some random tidbits on the ppts that are important that are not on the old ITE or AAFP questions.

Exam day: Overall I felt exam was fair however their verbage is vague compared to ITEs which made is seem more challenging to me and had to make sure i was reading the questions properly. I did not finish any block with more than 1-2 minutes. I knew I passed but was not thinking I necessarily did well enough to get a prelim pass but happy it worked out.

Did anyone have a blackout on the day of the exam? Does it delay your score being released?

Can a blackout on the day of your board certification exam delay your score being released

Can a blackout on the day of your board certification exam delay your score being released
i dont think so - during my exam the power went out for about 1 min as a storm was happening. Computers rebooted and we continued where we we left off.