ABA Oral Boards 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RB0680

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oral Boards studying

So I’ve been told Ho is a great resource for oral board prep. Any recommendations on his packages? I feel I’d like the practice but I’m not sure if I need his extensive lectures.

Thanks for the advice in advance

Members don't see this ad.

There are a few threads about it in the past. The test really hasn’t changed much other than that the last year it was conduced virtually.

TBH, I think they’re all about the same. Ho takes a very hands on approach, he would personally conduct the first few exams and get you ready. He also has pretty large faculty members to choose from.

As to lectures…. He covers a lot of stuff. One of those “you should know…” but the chances of them asking in a 30 min exam, probably isn’t high. Would it be nice to know, sure, so you don’t fumble when they ask about those.

What it really boils down is to practice. Need to verbalize your plans. Practice to say it out loud.

I think what’s sort of nice about Ho is that you can just buy practice exams(?) he also has a separate session/course/video for osce if you need it.

Reactions: 1 user
Are they back to doing these in person with Omicron raging around? I'd give very dirty looks to the examiners if I was forced to go to Raleigh right now

Are they back to doing these in person with Omicron raging around? I'd give very dirty looks to the examiners if I was forced to go to Raleigh right now
As of now, I have not heard anything about going back to virtual for another year. It really should go back to virtual for this year at least.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes it makes no sense. At a time when covid is at the absolute peak to the point where flights are being mass canceled.

"If you are exposed to covid don't come to the assessment center". I'm exposed to covid weekly and that's just the ones I know about...

Reactions: 4 users
Just spoke to a obgyn examiner. They just made their coming-up session virtual. But may go back to in person in the next month or two.

I cannot imagining why some of the examiners who want to travel by air at this time either…..