AAOHNS Conference in September

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melimelomed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just learned that my abstract has been submitted for an oral presentation at the AAOHNS conference in September! I was wondering if anyone with experience in doing oral presentations or attending the AAOHNS conference could give me some tips and tell me what to expect? Even though I am Canadian I am really looking forward, but am nervous at the same time because I have never done such a thing before.
Thanks!
Mel

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Enjoy Toronto. I haven't done an oral pres at an Academy mtg but have done a poster before. Prepare well and it will be no big deal.

Congrats! I am also Canadian, but I go to school in the States. I presented at the AAO-HNS meeting last year in LA. It's pretty cool. You have 8 mins to present, and you might get questions at the end. Nobody's really gonna try to grill you. And the conference caters to both academic and private practice otolaryngologists. As long as you prepare for your presentation and know your research, you should be fine.

I also submitted an abstract for presentation this year. It'll be great to go back to T.O., but I'll be an intern by then so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get time off to go. But who knows?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for the advices! Any idea suggestion on what to wear? Would it be worth it for me to spend 2-3 days there? On what topic will you be presenting?
Thanks!
Melanie

Melimelomed said:
Thank you very much for the advices! Any idea suggestion on what to wear? Would it be worth it for me to spend 2-3 days there? On what topic will you be presenting?
Thanks!
Melanie
I like wife-beaters on chicks, but I wouldn't listen to me if I were you.

Melimelomed said:
Thanks!
Melanie

Hey,
I wore a suit. I only spent one day in LA, because my PI couldn't afford to pay for me to just hang out in LA. But it should be worth it spending a few days in Toronto. It's a great city. I presented on "The Effects of Melatonin on Tinnitus and Sleep" in LA. If my abstract gets accepted this time, and I am able to get time off to go, I'll be presenting on "Tinnitus and Depression".