AAO Meeting and SDN Lunch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Andrew_Doan said:
Who's interested in meeting up for dinner at the AAO meeting?
I would definitely be interested. There is also a Young Ophthalmologists reception on Sunday - are you going to that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Retinamark said:
I would definitely be interested. There is also a Young Ophthalmologists reception on Sunday - are you going to that?

I'm planning to go.

I'm also attending this:

Date:
July 30, 2004
To:
Ophthalmology Residents and Fellows
Cynthia A. Bradford, MD, Secretary for State Affairs
Re:
2004 Joint Meeting, Noontime Session: Welcome to the Real World of Ophthalmology - Reality 101 for Residents and Fellows

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD OF OPHTHALMOLOGY!

On behalf of the Academy, I would like to cordially invite you to attend a special, complimentary informational session for residents and fellows during the 2004 Joint Meeting in New Orleans. The program includes an overview of the practical realities of the medical profession, as well as an open forum discussion where you may discuss your concerns and interests about the socio-economic aspects of practicing medicine.

The session will be held:

Monday, October 25, 2004
12:15 pm - 1:30 pm
Room 397
Ernest Morial Convention Center

Panelists will include:

Beth Bruening, MD - President, Iowa Academy of Ophthalmology; Participant in the 2003-2004 Leadership Development Program
Mark Packer, MD - Participant in the 2003-2004 Leadership Development Program

Derek Sprunger, MD - President-Elect, Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology; Graduate, 2002-2003 Leadership Development Program

BTW, I like the idea of Breakfast. :thumbup:

Andrew_Doan said:
I'm also attending this:
... 2004 Joint Meeting, Noontime Session: Welcome to the Real World of Ophthalmology - Reality 101 for Residents and Fellows

Me too! Sounds good.

Andrew_Doan said:
Who's interested in meeting up for dinner at the AAO meeting?

I would love to meet for a meal during AAO.

Isn't there a lunch with C. Bradford on Sunday? We can meet there and continue somewhere else. I know a ophtho PGY-2 at Tulane; I can ask her for suggestions.

JR said:
Isn't there a lunch with C. Bradford on Sunday? We can meet there and continue somewhere else. I know a ophtho PGY-2 at Tulane; I can ask her for suggestions.

I didn't know about the lunch with C. Bradford on Sunday. Do you have the details about where and when?

Sorry, it is actually on Monday:

SPE36 Welcome to the Real World of Ophthalmology: Reality 101 for Residents and Fellows

Residents and Fellows will learn about the nonmedical aspects of practicing ophthalmology. In this interactive forum, panelists will discuss their personal experiences and highlight various practice options, networking and referrals, advantages/disadvantages of fellowship training, and resources to assist individuals in making informed decisions about practice requirements. Panelists will also discuss the benefits associated with membership and active involvement in organized medicine within state ophthalmological societies and the national American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Date and Time: Monday Oct 25, 12:30 PM - 01:45 PM
Room: 397

Cynthia Ann Bradford MD**
Daniel James Briceland MD**
Beth K Bruening MD**
Mark Packer MD**
Derek T Sprunger MD**

I think we can do lunch 2 days in a row then :luck:

John_Doe and I are meeting on Sunday for lunch and to discuss ways to encourage residents to participate politically. There is internet available at the AAO. So either PM me before I leave to get my cell phone number or use the www.eyeorbit.org message boards for registered members.