Aao Convocation!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is going to be in Ottawa next week for the American Academy of Osteopathy Convocation?

PCOM has a huge crew going.

Let me know if there are any SDNers who want to meet up...I can only imagine how many of you are looking forward to meeting me!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be up there, but not sure I will be able to meet up as I will be very busy :)

If y'all see a filipino w/glasses at the DMU booth, come and say hi.... Later, :cool:

AOA convention??????

Only JP needs that type of intense OMM weekend to improve his lack-luster OMM skills.

Just kidding. I wish I could go. I think it is going to be very interesting and educational. All who are going are definitely going to benefit from the convention.

Good luck and have fun!

By the way, JP is nothing too special. All of his posts are ideas he gets from me ;)

Chisel
PCOM 2006

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by JPHazelton
Let me know if there are any SDNers who want to meet up...I can only imagine how many of you are looking forward to meeting me!

:)

:laugh: My, what an ego! :laugh:

There are some OSUers going. I know that smashley will be there. Don't know of any other OSU SDNers off of the top of my head, but I didn't see a list of who was going.

I was asked to go, but my daughter & I are both on spring break this week & I wanted to spend time with her. :D

I would go but Canada revoked my citizenship and warned me against ever setting foot on Canadian soil again....

It's a long story involving a Mounties horse and the Prime Minister's daughter. :D

I'll be there! I'm leaving early tomorrow morning. See ya'll!

Why is the AAO convention in Canada? Does Canada even have DO's schools?

Hey folks,
I finally found time to stop by the internet cafe by the booths before they take everything down. I should've thought about checking SDN before I came here... now I may never meet JP or Popoy...? I've probably seen you folks around anyway. In case you're wondering, I'm the only Asian male from WUHS/COMP. Hope there are more of you that will report back after you get home and let me know if we've met or something..

Canada does have osteopathic schools although I still don't know how similar they are to our schools or how similar the practicing realm of Canadian DO's is to US DO's.

Ottawa was sure a lot of fun. I still don't remember most of the people I met but maybe names will pop up eventually. Studio 32 was the bomb. So was Dr. Stiles and Popoy (who I finally met). Anyway, more later.. time to nap and enjoy 75 degree (that's ~24 celsius for you chaps still in Canada) weather..

Glad everyone enjoyed Convo! I loved it myself. Viola Fryman was cool in the first lecture moderated by Dr. Stiles. She was the only one who answered the question! I learned alot from her in the Evening with the Stars as well.

I'm glad you guys liked Stiles, we are so lucky to have him here at PCSOM. He is about the only Osteopathic thing about our school, except for Dr. R.

hey folks,
it was a good time, and cool to meet people from other schools.

congrats PCOM for your hollis-wolf winner and runner up. tell that bald martial arts man to start posting on here if he hasn't already... I got a bone to pick with him.

cheers,
bones
KCOM OMSII
national rep
future fellow

TTP.. wow so I finally got to make another connection between an SDN'er and Convocation.. and it happens to be another DMU person too.. haha! Anyone else out there??

Why is the AAO convention in Canada? Does Canada even have DO's schools?

from what i heard the reason it was held in canada is because they recently passed legislation allowing american trained DO's full practice rights (canadian DO's are only trained in OMT

Hmm.. that's interesting. I did hear that they probably wouldn't have it in Canada again for a long while.. lots of extra work involved. I was surprised there weren't many booths there.

Yeah, it took us two hours to get our little box of T-shirts through customs. The Canadians rock! I quote, "You guys are Osteopaths right? I take it you two know the spine pretty well then huh? Well you ought to learn to read as well!"

That was said by the customs guys because we didn't read all of our forms. Real classy and makes you want to go back there.

Yeah I remember our UAAO president was very particular about getting information about bringing merchandise across the borders. We ended up splitting our t-shirts between a bunch of first year students just to be on the safe side heh...

I saw a guy walking around at convocation with a shirt that said "PCOM High". It made me laugh (just because it is so true). I want to make myself an "OSUCOM High" shirt, but Oklahoma State is so anal about anything with their name on it, I would probably get in a lot of trouble. :mad: Argh....

Anyway, convocation was a great time. Good shopping, good restaurants, and the lectures weren't too bad, either. ;)

Woohoo.. finally got the pictures back from Convocation. Can't wait till next year... I need a break already!

Most of them are of just people from my school posing for all sorts of group photos (with our OMM chair, with Dr. Dolgin, Dr. Ettlinger, etc.) and one or two shots of classmates clubbing (probably not a good idea to post.. haha). I do have one or two pics of the surroundings which would be nice.. after I get through this repro final in five hours...

Convocation was a BLAST!!!
Can't wait until next year, Colorado Springs baby!

Broadmoor Hotel 2004! Yes, it will be exciting to see everyone there. Only a few hours flight away too!