AAMC Sample Test P/S #19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxo111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone please explain why is the answer D and not B?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think a better way about this is why you think B is the answer. Think about the experiment and how it was designed. But first things first:

1) You might want to get rid of the screenshot because your name is written on the top loud and clear.

2) D is correct because environment is typically a confounding factor when you're looking at families. It works like this - if I showed you a pedigree with the father (45), son (8), and daughter (7) all affected with the disease, then you would probably say it's an autosomal dominant disorder. But think. What other things could have caused it? They all live in the same house, don't they? What if they were exposed to a certain neurotoxic pesticide in their house? Could that have caused this pattern?

Reactions: 1 user
I think a better way about this is why you think B is the answer. Think about the experiment and how it was designed. But first things first:

1) You might want to get rid of the screenshot because your name is written on the top loud and clear.

2) D is correct because environment is typically a confounding factor when you're looking at families. It works like this - if I showed you a pedigree with the father (45), son (8), and daughter (7) all affected with the disease, then you would probably say it's an autosomal dominant disorder. But think. What other things could have caused it? They all live in the same house, don't they? What if they were exposed to a certain neurotoxic pesticide in their house? Could that have caused this pattern?

OMG thank you, Idk how I completely missed that!