AAMC online bundle vs complete bundle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweats2scrubs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if I should get the AAMC Online-only bundle or the Prep Complete Bundle. The only differences between the 2 is that the "Complete" has the Official Guide and the MCAT Flashcards. The online version still has the practice questions included in the Official Guide. Also the AAMC is going to be releasing a new version of the Official Guide and I'm not sure if it's worth getting the new version, the current version, or just skip the printed version of the guide. As far as I can tell it seems like the new version is just going to be updating exam logistics and I'm not sure if paying $30 for a book on how to register etc is worthwhile.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think having the flashcards would be helpful. I'm asking for the complete bundle for my birthday next month, but if you don't have the money or don't want to cough up another $30 then the online bundle should suffice. As long as you get the bundle you are golden!

Even if it is just for the flashcards, it could be worth it depending on your budget. I'm glad I got the whole bundle, the flashcards are pretty nice and they go well with the physical book since if you miss any questions it tells you in what section the answer will be in. Also, if you were to use the book as a guide for structuring a study guide, you'd be certain that you are hitting every base necessary.

I bought the complete bundle. I actually read the physical Official guide cover-to-cover first when I got it. There were a few pearls in there that I didn't know, such as how the Psych/Soc exam is broken down as 70% Psych, 10% Intro Bio, 20% Sociology. Definitely eased my mind, since my preferred company TBR didn't have any Sociology material. It gave me the confidence to fully rely on TPR's book for Sociology.

The flashcards are well made, and while the concepts are fairly basic, they are also pretty high yield.

For the $30 difference, I would get the complete bundle 9/10 times. The one time I wouldn't get it is if I could get the book and cards from someone else for free.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to figure out if I should get the AAMC Online-only bundle or the Prep Complete Bundle. The only differences between the 2 is that the "Complete" has the Official Guide and the MCAT Flashcards. The online version still has the practice questions included in the Official Guide. Also the AAMC is going to be releasing a new version of the Official Guide and I'm not sure if it's worth getting the new version, the current version, or just skip the printed version of the guide. As far as I can tell it seems like the new version is just going to be updating exam logistics and I'm not sure if paying $30 for a book on how to register etc is worthwhile.
Thanks!
u can also get the online only bundle, then cough up extra $10 for the flashcards. this still saves u money minus the official guide since flashcards are $10 bought seperately.

I bought the complete bundle. I actually read the physical Official guide cover-to-cover first when I got it. There were a few pearls in there that I didn't know, such as how the Psych/Soc exam is broken down as 70% Psych, 10% Intro Bio, 20% Sociology. Definitely eased my mind, since my preferred company TBR didn't have any Sociology material. It gave me the confidence to fully rely on TPR's book for Sociology.

The flashcards are well made, and while the concepts are fairly basic, they are also pretty high yield.

For the $30 difference, I would get the complete bundle 9/10 times. The one time I wouldn't get it is if I could get the book and cards from someone else for free.
Is it worth waiting for the new version of the official guide coming out in Dec. or is the current one sufficient? It says "Only Part 1, which provides an overview of exam structure, registration and scheduling logistics, prep resources, test day procedures, and scoring, will be updated for this new release"

Is it worth waiting for the new version of the official guide coming out in Dec. or is the current one sufficient? It says "Only Part 1, which provides an overview of exam structure, registration and scheduling logistics, prep resources, test day procedures, and scoring, will be updated for this new release"

I get the feeling that the update is referring to 2018 test dates, a reference to the new FL 3, and maybe some updated score statistics.

I really have no idea if it's worth it or not. If I were you, a tactic you might try is using a different email address and asking for a list of the changes, since you "already own the previous version" ;)