AAMC 2003 Applicant Data now out!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.7 non-science GPA is the mean?? Wow.

Thanks for the link, exmike.

The number of applicants that they mentioned for each school...........Is that the number of primary applications or the number of completed applications??

Members don't see this ad :)
I like how the average MCAT and writing score for the "unknown" race is the highest avg. of all races...those "unknown"-race-ppl must be pretty smart...

:)

-Ice

P.S. BTW, what does "unknown" mean? Is that when someone forgets to bubble in the "race" choice?

wow, there are a buttload of tx applicants. actually tx is the #2 state in terms of # of premeds applying, after cali.

how do they post the matriculation stats if the schools haven't even finished interviewing?

that data is for the entering class of 2003.

Originally posted by ice_23
I like how the average MCAT and writing score for the "unknown" race is the highest avg. of all races...those "unknown"-race-ppl must be pretty smart...

As a proud member of the unknown race, I concur. One day we will crush all the other races in the world. :clap:

Originally posted by Optimist
As a proud member of the unknown race, I concur. One day we will crush all the other races in the world. :clap:
Never. The unknown race will never be powerful enough to rise against the known races.

Originally posted by Slickness
Never. The unknown race will never be powerful enough to rise against the known races.

Impossible. As we are unknown, you will never find our elite society until you are destroyed.

Impossible. As we are unknown, you will never find our elite society until you are destroyed.
Your elite society has already been infiltrated. Our operatives will take you down from within.

Your elite society has already been infiltrated. Our operatives will take you down from within.

Continue to believe that. Our ranks are larger and more powerful than you will ever know ... that is until it's too late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Continue to believe that. Our ranks are larger and more powerful than you will ever know ... that is until it's too late.
Nonsense. Our tactically trained midgets have already infiltrated your ranks and outnumber your own. They are so good they are too small to be seen.

Nonsense. Our tactically trained midgets have already infiltrated your ranks and outnumber your own. They are so good they are too small to be seen.

We've known about your midgets for some time. We simply had to increase the height of the steps at the entrance of our World Headquarters.

Your faith in the known races must mean that their propaganda machine is working well, at least for the most gullible. Surrender now, and become a member of the unknown, and maybe we will spare you.

We've known about your midgets for some time. We simply had to increase the height of the steps at the entrance of our World Headquarters.

Your faith in the known races must mean that their propaganda machine is working well, at least for the most gullible. Surrender now, and become a member of the unknown, and maybe we will spare you.
:laugh: Ok. I've been watching too much Star Trek. Anyways, I couldn't just become a member of the unknown race. You're born into it. I'm happy to be a proud member of the known races.

:laugh: Ok. I've been watching too much Star Trek. Anyways, I couldn't just become a member of the unknown race. You're born into it. I'm happy to be a proud member of the known races.

Apparently you don't realize how badly we have decimated the known races. Just type in "interracial" into any search engine, and learn how far we have come. Your once magnificent races have now been reduced to "sex pics thumbs gallerys black cocks white girls ... " If this is not sufficient evidence of the doom of all known races, then I will waste no more time convincing you, the enemy. Good day.

Apparently you don't realize how badly we have decimated the known races. Just type in "interracial" into any search engine, and learn how far we have come. Your once magnificent races have now been reduced to "sex pics thumbs gallerys black cocks white girls ... " If this is not sufficient evidence of the doom of all known races, then I will waste no more time convincing you, the enemy. Good day.
:laugh: Crazy unknown race people. They're so racist against the known races.:rolleyes:

For the matriculants:

Looks like physical sciences actually outscored the humanities......

Thus ends the streak?

hello to all my 693 humanities-major colleagues for the class of 2007 :)

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
hello to all my 693 humanities-major colleagues for the class of 2007 :)

Does that include science/humanities double majors?

Originally posted by Gleevec

I'm curious: how does a humanities/science double major manage to graduate in four years. Do the curriculums overlap enough?

i'm not sure, it says "humanities as primary major" whatever that means. :cool:

Originally posted by NC_Powerlifter
I'm curious: how does a humanities/science double major manage to graduate in four years. Do the curriculums overlap enough?

20 hours of courses (5 courses) per semester over 8 semesters. Luckily no summers then.

20 hours of courses (5 courses) per semester over 8 semesters. Luckily no summers then.

Geez. Sounds like you've worked hard. Best of luck to you on getting accepted to where you want to go.

Geez. Sounds like you've worked hard. Best of luck to you on getting accepted to where you want to go.

Thanks, but I think if you figure out where I goto undergrad, you wouldnt wish me so well. At least during basketball season ;)

Seriously, thanks for the well wishes. I just figure Im paying for this, might as well take full advantage of it. Hope everything is going well with ya. :D

Take care,
Gleevec

Speaking of the game:

Considering they're ranked #2 the score was awful close up until the last 6 minutes or so.

Did you hear that crap the announcer said about Coach K being the second best of all time as compared to Mr. UCLA. Newsflash: If Coach K would have been coaching around they he'd have atleast 20 national titles.

Speaking of the game:

Considering they're ranked #2 the score was awful close up until the last 6 minutes or so.

Did you hear that crap the announcer said about Coach K being the second best of all time as compared to Mr. UCLA. Newsflash: If Coach K would have been coaching around they he'd have atleast 20 national titles.

Yeah, Duke looked horrible. Without the 3-ball falling, the matchup zone was perfect. Detroit was fast, good on defense, and hit their shots. I give props to Detroit, they are a fantastic team in a highly underrated conference (Horizon has studs like Butler, UW- Milwaukee). I also give props to Luol Deng, for realizing that he is THE guy on this team so early.

I dont feel to bad about being #2. UConn has looked terrible against much weaker competition, as has MSU. Detroit is a 110-ish RPI team and beat MSU 3 years in a row prior to MSU cancelling the series a couple years back =P. Plus, Flint, MI produces ballerz. Thats for sure.

Actually I didnt hear the announcer, I was at the game =P

I think Wooden is a better coach than K though, because we have to go with the stats. If we didnt compare national titles, we wouldnt have an objective criterion for who is the best coach. Plus, Wooden is a good guy, so Im not too peeved he gets the distinction. Coach K is one of the greatest motivational coaches of all time. He can get beat on X's and O's on occasion, but he is truly a great motivator and a really nice guy. He does a lot of good work for Duke Med and the women's shelter named after his family.

Herb seems to be doing quite well. An engineering from Carnegie-Mellon must be pretty good at the X's and O's. ;)

ok perhaps some people from the unknown races could help me out...but what is the classification : Black or African American, White :confused:

is that supposed to be both (ie biracial)? I see they have Asian, White and Native American, White also. Now...they have Native American, Black or African American. So, what happened to Asian, Black or African American OR Asian, Native American???? And I don't remember getting an option to check more than one of the race boxes..i remember race and then ethnicity (hispanic or not). Could someone who is both enlighten me please.

I am further confused because they have multiple race as well in their statistics.

I hope I can get a ticket to the Duke game here this year but, obviously, many people want that oppurtunity as well.

so oregon donated under 400 applicants... wow. no wonder OHSU has to look other places for students.

The Wizard of Westwood:
27-Season Coaching Record at UCLA
Won 620
Lost 147
Pct. .808

NCAA College Basketball Coach of the Year'

1963-64 - 30-0 *
1964-65 - 28-2 *
1965-66 - 18-8
1966-67 - 30-0 *
1967-68 - 29-1 *
1968-69 - 29-1 *
1969-70 - 28-2 *
1970-71 - 29-1 *
1971-72 - 30-0 *
1972-73 - 30-0 *
1973-74 - 26-4
1974-75 - 28-3 *
* Denotes National Championship Season

From '66 to '75 Wooden's UCLA Bruins won in 8 out of 9 seasons, with a record of 259-12 (.955%) Coach K did nothing even REMOTELY comparable to this.

Coach K:
22 Seasons as Duke Head Coach
As Duke Head Coach: 590-175 (77.1%)
NCAA Titles: 3
Coach of the Year

I'm not the math major here but seems to me that:
10/27 > 3/22
6 > 2
.808 > .771
Wooden > Krzsrlkjseski

Duke has been, and is an overrated basketball program. How many titles do they have out of ALL those winning seasons? That seems kind of sad to me...

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
Hey SP, thats all fine and dandy, but what does this have to do with AAMC applicant data? :eek:
just responding to NC powerlifter :)

Yeah, sorry. Didn't read the rest of the replies. :p

Sorry, I do go off on tangents.

And you are right, Duke is overrated.

However, I grew up around it.

Originally posted by bullhorn
ok perhaps some people from the unknown races could help me out...but what is the classification : Black or African American, White :confused:

is that supposed to be both (ie biracial)? I see they have Asian, White and Native American, White also. Now...they have Native American, Black or African American. So, what happened to Asian, Black or African American OR Asian, Native American???? And I don't remember getting an option to check more than one of the race boxes..i remember race and then ethnicity (hispanic or not). Could someone who is both enlighten me please.

I'm a little confused by your question.

As for the biracial question, yes it is possible to check more than one box to indicate dual "race."

Theresa

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
Duke has been, and is an overrated basketball program. How many titles do they have out of ALL those winning seasons? That seems kind of sad to me...

Once again you show a complete lack of basketball knowledge UCSBPre-Med1, though this is not entirely your fault, since you went to UCSB, you could do yourself a favor by throwing out misinformed and antagonistic comments. :rolleyes:

Name a program that has more national titles with less winning seasons... You really cant. Over the past decade and a half or so, Duke has won 3 national championships and amassed winning records. No one else has come close to that. And lots of programs have had winning records (Arizona, Michigan State, Illinois, UNC, Maryland, Gonzaga, the list goes on and on). Yet some of these teams won it all only once within that period (let alone their entire history) and some have not won it all yet.

It is damn hard to win a national championship in college basketball. Unlike college football where the BCS stacks the field such that you only have to play one playoff game to win it all, you have to win 6 straight games in the postseason against competition from everyone (top conferences, mid majors, etc).

Duke has 3 national championships. Arizona, Michigan State, UConn, and Syracuse are some recent national championship programs that have had winning records throughout the last decade or so. How many do they have? One each.

So if Duke is overrated, I dont know what you would classify every other program in the nation. Three national championships in the span of a decade is unheard of in the modern era, unless you're talking about Duke.

And Street, I agree about Wooden being a better coach, you dont need to prove that to me. But lets remember, when Wooden coached, you had to win a LOT less games to win the national championship, and there werent as many teams either. So there was an effective monopoly on talent at UCLA. But yeah, Wooden is the best and UCLA at the type was awesome. Frankly, I prefer the modern era where every team gets a chance and teams like Marquette and Southern Illinois can go deep in the tournament. Its much more fun/competitive that way.

So UCSB, please think before clicking the "submit reply" button. Its quite annoying to have to go into this history lesson in an attempt to correct the misinformation you present on this topic. But I think we are all better off in the end getting the facts straight. You can hate Duke, that is perfectly fine with me, but at least get the facts and context of your comment straight before misleading everyone else.

I hope I can get a ticket to the Duke game here this year but, obviously, many people want that oppurtunity as well.

Yeah, it should be an entertaining year. Im a senior, so I am glad I get to see the ACC in its true form for all 4 years before it gets ruined.

In regards to Detroit, lets not forget they beat Michigan State three times, UCLA, and UConn at UConn. They come from the same conference as Butler and UW-Milwaukee, and they have senior leadership. I give them props for playing at Cameron with the intensity and skill which they did.

Originally posted by mosfet
The number of applicants that they mentioned for each school...........Is that the number of primary applications or the number of completed applications??

Good question, I'm guessing primary because this data is tabulted by AAMC... ??

Originally posted by TheresaW
I'm a little confused by your question.

As for the biracial question, yes it is possible to check more than one box to indicate dual "race."

Theresa

I am confused also by my question. Essentially AAMC data has applicants broken down by races and among the categories are Black or African, White ...and I was wondering if that was someone who checked two boxes...ie biracial.

The second part of my question was if folks can do that (like you just informed me they can) why don't they have an Asian, Black or African American (or vice verse) category...or Native American, Asian? I know some of these people exist because i have tons of friends (who applied) with asian moms and black dads (military brats mostly).

My final part of my question is what is the difference between someone checking two boxes and the 'multiracial category' aamc has. Is multiracial reserved for those with more than 2 races?

I am just curious of how folks are classified through aamc...and confused why some groups are left out.