AACOMAS transcript and med school acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshua_msu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a current undergrad senior at Michigan State. Back when I filled out AACOMAS in august, I had entered my planned courses that I would take for the fall and spring semesters. I have since been accepted to a few medical schools. I was wondering, if i dropped a class or two that I had put for my spring 03 classes, will that look bad and could a school reconsider my accpetance. I currently have enough credits to graduate now. I am taking eukaryotic cell biology, biochemistry II, epidemiology, and I am planning on dropping my psych and anatomy lab courses. That would get me down to 9 credits for the semster. The reason being, is why waste money on credits I dont need and I can work some extra hours to save money since I will have fewer courses. I was just wondering if this looks like false admissions info on my part, or does it make me look irresponsible?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt that it will make a difference, but you can always send them an ammended listing of your Spring semester classes. I'm sure people often take a different list of classes than they thought when they filled out the application.