AACOMAS error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm pretty upset because AACOMAS messed up part of my application. Please tell me if you think this will prevent me from getting interviews:

5 of the courses on my transcript verification were marked as "lecture only" instead of "lecture and lab." Now you would think it's still obvious because the classes are still entered as 4 credits. Two of the classes I'm not worried about because they're not pre-reqs, but they marked my Chem 1, Chem 2, and Chem 2 retake as all lecture only. I reached out when I noticed this and they told me I entered them wrong. I know that's not correct because I quadruple checked every single class before I entered. And I remember entering my Chem 2 retake because I took it later on. I'm upset because AACOMAS' answer to me was basically sorry, nothing we can do about it.

Do you think schools will not consider me now because they may think I haven't satisfied the pre-reqs? I have already received and submitted 14 secondaries, but I know many schools don't screen for secondaries and everyone gets one.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hmm I'm surprised that they wouldn't just go back in and switch the designation. That is annoying and I too would be panicked if it were me at first but honestly I think you're gonna be totally fine and an admissions committee is gonna be able to tell pretty quickly what's what.

I am pretty sure the schools will check over your actual transcripts when/if you become accepted as I know I had to send my transcripts from my school. I don't believe it is required to have all pre-reqs done in order to be accepted so I doubt this error will hold you back in any way. You can always reach out to the school to rectify this error after being accepted. I wouldn't worry too much. They will find out one way or another.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-req's are not required for acceptance; they are required for matriculation.

Yeah I'm hoping they can just look at my transcript and it will be obvious. I know the pre-reqs aren't required for acceptance but I'm sure it still improves my chance at an II