aacom ?s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ac47

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
was there a code to release your mcat scores to aacom? i don't know about anyone else, but i didn't have a code section to fill out or anything when i took the test saturday, did i make a mistake?

also, i am kind of worried about my scores (as is everyone else i am sure) so if i fill out the aacom application and then want to retake the mcats in august, do i wait until i take the test again, or do i send the application and state that i am retaking the exam in august?

thanks,
ac

Members don't see this ad.

Way back in Feb. (was that when we registered for April?), when you registered online, you should have indicated where your scores were to be sent.

:)

(BTW, I had a moment on Sat. where I wondered this as well, then my aging memory kicked in...)

You can always wait to receive your scores, then send them to whomever you wish using an Additional Score Report (you'll get one in the same envelope that your scores are sent in). Of course, they'd charge you a small fee, but nowadays, who wouldn't? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe this info is dated, but when I took it last august, and the time before in april, you had a little sheet (sent with your admission ticket) where you wrote extra codes that you needed (ie. AACOM) and then you put this code on the personal info sheet that you filled out at the end of the test. I think it was around the same place where you checked if you wanted your scores released. If I remember correctly the AACOM code was/is 0600. Of course this may be totally wrong/dated but that's just what I remember.

I remember the same thing, Rev. Horace. But I also took the test last April, so things could be different now.

can i check what code i put down on the mcat site? i can't remember which one i put down because i was still debating on md or do when i filled out the mcat form.

thanks,

ac

ac47,

If I remember correctly, you wouldn't have needed a code to release your scores to the AAMC for MD schools. I think that was more like a yes or no question. Unless you were going to send your scores to a school that doesn't use AMCAS (e.g. NYU, Texas schools, etc). I'm not sure about using the website to check what codes you put down, but I am sure that you will know once you get your scores. Then you can decide whether or not you want to send them out to any additional institutions. The ARS form online only allows you to send out your scores to AMCAS, but the last time I checked was a year ago.