AA Degree

italian4522

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this even possible? What if I went to CC to get my AA then transferred to University To finish bachelors? If so, Would a medical school even consider me?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, they'd definitely consider you, but it might count slightly against you. Probably mostly at big name schools like Harvard, etc.

The biggest thing is your grades. Get As. It sucks, but that's the game for the next four years. Get good grades in the community college and at the main university. A GPA of >3.5-3.6 is probably necessary, if not something higher.

Is this even possible? What if I went to CC to get my AA then transferred to University To finish bachelors? If so, Would a medical school even consider me?

Yeah, it's possible. Just ensure you take upper level science course to show medical school that you can handle hard core mofo sicneces.

Members don't see this ad :)

This is what I did, and I got accepted to several schools. The only way it might count against you is if you cannot perform at the same level at a university. If you go to a CC and get a 4.0, then transfer and you can barely hold a B average, that is going to raise some eyebrows. If you go to a CC and take all your prereqs, then you transfer and take underwater basketweaving, that will also raise some eyebrows.

If you go to a CC, make sure that you bring your A game when you transfer, and if you have taken all or most of your pre-reqs, then be sure to take some upper level science classes with labs.

Good luck.

I thought the AA was easy to get for me because the only difference between the AA and the transfer requirements was like 1 PE class. And no, having an AA won't hurt you, it really doesn't take any extra time to get, and is meant to be finished in 2 years anyways. Good luck!