a possible “winning” move

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted314957

In today’s (8 June) NYT there is an article about hospital executive pay. Now, we all know that the executive suite has some pretty kush money.
Now, my idea is not new, but many of you practicing guys out there in hospitals are really worried about MONEY.

It is VERY easy for physicians to get into a master of hospital admin program. If you can play ball with the devil this can be a way to stop being a pawn or worried about your kids, retirement, etc.

After about 10 yrs of practice is prime time for this type of move. Clearly, easier if you are hospital based/medical director type.

If things were as they are today, I would have seriously considered this. I had a shot with Humana a coupled/few decades ago. Obviously, I passed on it but one of my buds became a senior VP. MillionS! ( and he did forensics)

Maybe look at it, if it fits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A winning move is to start businesses and diversify. Then leave the cesspool of health care all together. Make millions a more honest way for sure.

Reactions: 4 users
A winning move is to start businesses and diversify. Then leave the cesspool of health care all together. Make millions a more honest way for sure.

This. Healthcare is slowly becoming a public service sector like police and fire with none of union benefits for physicians. It absolutely wont be a desirable sector in 20-30 years for people coming out of college.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This. Healthcare is slowly becoming a public service sector like police and fire with none of union benefits for physicians. It absolutely wont be a desirable sector in 20-30 years for people coming out of college.
Slowly then all of a sudden... that’s what is going to happen to healthcare.

Slowly then all of a sudden... that’s what is going to happen to healthcare.

What’s unacceptable is that all these “health care systems” are coming out and tell you that they’re now for-profit hospitals.

They are telling you they are here to make money. But we(physicians) are still beholden to the public, patients and politicians.

It's no wonder most physicians I know are aggressively pushing their kids into coding camps and MBA programs LOL