A message for all foreign dentists!!!!!Let's make a difference for all of us!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sorina

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone of you think how unfair is for us foreign trained dentists to work as a dental assistants?
My oppinion is that everyone of us is qualified to work as a dental hygienist till we are accepted in Advanced Standing Dental Programs.We should find out how can we make a difference for all of us instead of struggling with a low wage as a dental assistant.We should be able to take National Board Dental Hygienist and Clinical Exam for hygienist without going to Hygiene Program!!!
Let's face it!!Not anyone of us want to spend huge amounts of money(100.000$-.........) for Advanced Standing Dental Programs!!
Florida is the only state who accepts foreign trained dentists to take the Clinical exam for Hygienist!!We should join and we should do something so we can work as a dental hygienist.Any comments or suggestions are welcomed!!!

Members don't see this ad.

sorina said:
Did anyone of you think how unfair is for us foreign trained dentists to work as a dental assistants?
My oppinion is that everyone of us is qualified to work as a dental hygienist till we are accepted in Advanced Standing Dental Programs.We should find out how can we make a difference for all of us instead of struggling with a low wage as a dental assistant.We should be able to take National Board Dental Hygienist and Clinical Exam for hygienist without going to Hygiene Program!!!
Let's face it!!Not anyone of us want to spend huge amounts of money(100.000$-.........) for Advanced Standing Dental Programs!!
Florida is the only state who accepts foreign trained dentists to take the Clinical exam for Hygienist!!We should join and we should do something so we can work as a dental hygienist.Any comments or suggestions are welcomed!!!
hi sorina,
i have nothing against you nor your postings.
this is not our country ..let the people of this country make the rules..we like it we shall follow...we don't then lets get out of here.
i'm not saying i total support the system here..but who are we to pass a judgment......topics like this will only bring out the worst in us ...many anti dental system in the US were posted in the past.didnt do any good for us..except that few posting got out of hand and the moderator had to shut them down for good....so lets not bring anymore like this...its just my opnion...and again I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU nor your POSTING
good luck

We shouldn't sit around and do nothing!!!
Foreign dentists fought for their rights in California!!!The Bench exam is still on and I guess is helpful for many of foreign dentists who still try to become licensed without going to Dental Programs.
USA is not our country but we can try to make it better for all of us!!
If we don't fight for ourselves who is going to do it!!Sometimes one single person can make a difference and this is going to be my purpose in the future!!!
I am not angry, I try to find more foreign trained dentists who want to make a difference for them and for future foreign dentists !!!
Life is meaningless if we just wait and play by unfair rules!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
sorina said:
We shouldn't sit around and do nothing!!!
Foreign dentists fought for their rights in California!!!The Bench exam is still on......

Companies (taxpayers) and people (taxpayers) that make money out of foreign dentist backed up foreign dentists. These are the same that hire foreign trained dentist and then exploit them and pay them well below average.

Oh, and by the way, beggers are not choosers my dear. ;)

hii meggs
can u please elaborate ur statement.."beggars are not choosers"...
what exactly do u mean.... :confused:

sorina said:
I agree with sorina.

I agree with you, we should make a difference and try to change the rules...I've worked as a dental assistant for three years (I'm a Dentist from Venezuela) and I think is so unfair that in PA we can't even work as EFDA's...the worst is that the Dental Hygiene profession is in a big demand that's why a Dental Hygienist have the luxury to work a few days a week and still make a great living with a huge salary. It kills me but those are the rules. I'm writting a letter to the Pennsylvania Board of Dentstry expressing my feelings and I'm also writting to the State Representative....
We can make a difference maybe we should get toghether and write a letter to the ADA o the differents States Boards....We have the example of Florida, we could make a difference maybe not today, but in the future and maybe our colleagues from other countries will have a better opportunity.
I'm right now applying to the PASS program at Penn & Advanced Standing Program at Temple (I can't work any more as a Dental Assistant, Is driving me crazy :( !!!

Lisjaimes said:
I agree with you, we should make a difference and try to change the rules...I've worked as a dental assistant for three years (I'm a Dentist from Venezuela) and I think is so unfair that in PA we can't even work as EFDA's...the worst is that the Dental Hygiene profession is in a big demand that's why a Dental Hygienist have the luxury to work a few days a week and still make a great living with a huge salary. It kills me but those are the rules. I'm writting a letter to the Pennsylvania Board of Dentstry expressing my feelings and I'm also writting to the State Representative....
We can make a difference maybe we should get toghether and write a letter to the ADA o the differents States Boards....We have the example of Florida, we could make a difference maybe not today, but in the future and maybe our colleagues from other countries will have a better opportunity.
I'm right now applying to the PASS program at Penn & Advanced Standing Program at Temple (I can't work any more as a Dental Assistant, Is driving me crazy :( !!!

We should definitely let the boards know about this unfair situation
and make them take appropriate actions against it ,heard about dental hygienists fighting hard in ADA to start there on practise, if that is the scenario all the foriegn trained dentist should get together and let the boards know about the situation we are put into.I fully agree with you lisjames

I didnt undertsand the "beggars and chosers" CONCEPT anyways meggs!!!

Meggs said:
Companies (taxpayers) and people (taxpayers) that make money out of foreign dentist backed up foreign dentists. These are the same that hire foreign trained dentist and then exploit them and pay them well below average.

Oh, and by the way, beggers are not choosers my dear. ;)

I think Meggs is being a b*tch. Either he/she is trying to say that you're lucky to be in the US or that you're lucky to even have a job. He/she probably feel a superior complex to be US citizen/resident. like i said, b*tch

dentsply said:
We should definitely let the boards know about this unfair situation
and make them take appropriate actions against it ,heard about dental hygienists fighting hard in ADA to start there on practise, if that is the scenario all the foriegn trained dentist should get together and let the boards know about the situation we are put into.I fully agree with you lisjames

I didnt undertsand the "beggars and chosers" CONCEPT anyways meggs!!!
We are not beggars.We study here,pay a heavy fees,do the jobs with fewer perks.I am sure US does not need any beggars.......they need qualified people and here we are.Its a total give and take relationship.Yes,if some one has some sort of inferiority complex to himself/herself....I am sorry no one can change that mind set.

gerido said:
I think Meggs is being a b*tch. Either he/she is trying to say that you're lucky to be in the US or that you're lucky to even have a job. He/she probably feel a superior complex to be US citizen/resident. like i said, b*tch

Yes I am ;) , a big one by the way, and proud of it. But I'm also realistic and have my feet of the ground... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meggs said:
Yes I am ;) , a big one by the way, and proud of it. But I'm also realistic and have my feet of the ground... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's sad that you feel so threatened by people who are just trying to do what you're doing. It's people like you that bring this country down the ****hole.

gerido said:
It's sad that you feel so threatened by people who are just trying to do what you're doing. It's people like you that bring this country down the ****hole.

dear gerido,

i think so by the language you are using, doest not sound from a doctor, or you are in wrong profession. this is a descent site, and you should express your feelings in a sensible manner. Its just an advice.

thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorina said:

Rules & regulations do change in this country, it's true and happens everyday, but it's also true that to change them you need a lot of work, a lot of people to support the change, and propably a lot of money too. You can always write to your state dental board, or to your state representatives. You can ask others to do the same, it's a free country, that's the #1 reason why I think many immigrants moved here, including myself.

One other thing, you have to work within the State level, don't forget that Dental matters are goverened by State dental boards that only have jurisdiction over their respective States.

As for me, I don't have time to wait for this change, I'm going back to school for the advanced standing program, I'm not thrilled about it, but I have to do what I have to do.

Hey All U Guys Der I Just Wanna Say Taht Keep Ur Feet Firmly Grounded Bcoz This Isnt R Own Country And Also We Cannot Expct Wonders To Happen .. We Have To Understand That We Have To Follow Wot Others R Doin Bcoz If We Get Into This Game Of Blaming And Accusations Mayb We Get R Selves And R Fellow Dentists Into Trouble
I Also Understand That Its Diff And Frustrating To Keep Waiting But Then Thats What We Chose?we All Came Her By Choice And Dental Profession Alsow As Chosen As A Matter Of Consent So Why Now When We Have A Great Chance To Prove Ourselves We Are Rather Blaming The System?
Guys I Might Sound Rude But If We Think We Have Potential We Should Try And Outshine Others Who Are Trying To Pull Us Down Or Demotivate Us Or Who Look Down Upon Us..
Gettin Into Dentistry In India Was Also Not A Piece Of Cake Prevailing Reservation System Makes It Worst..so If Over There We Could Wait Patiently Then Why Not Now?
Im Not Against New Ideas But Then We Need To Be Realisitc..
Cheer Up Guys Lets Make It Thru Dds And Say Yahoo!!!

gerido said:

Watch your f*cking mouth punk. Your clearly demonstrating your ignorance if thats what you think she is saying.

ROOPSEE said:
Hey All U Guys Der I Just Wanna Say Taht Keep Ur Feet Firmly Grounded Bcoz This Isnt R Own Country And Also We Cannot Expct Wonders To Happen .. We Have To Understand That We Have To Follow Wot Others R Doin Bcoz If We Get Into This Game Of Blaming And Accusations Mayb We Get R Selves And R Fellow Dentists Into Trouble
I Also Understand That Its Diff And Frustrating To Keep Waiting But Then Thats What We Chose?we All Came Her By Choice And Dental Profession Alsow As Chosen As A Matter Of Consent So Why Now When We Have A Great Chance To Prove Ourselves We Are Rather Blaming The System?
Guys I Might Sound Rude But If We Think We Have Potential We Should Try And Outshine Others Who Are Trying To Pull Us Down Or Demotivate Us Or Who Look Down Upon Us..
Gettin Into Dentistry In India Was Also Not A Piece Of Cake Prevailing Reservation System Makes It Worst..so If Over There We Could Wait Patiently Then Why Not Now?

Wow. You really have a fetish for the "shift-key".

ROOPSEE said:

This post provides the realistic datas given by ada about the rise of foriegn trained dentist taking the ndb exam

In 1994 there was 1845 ffrom non accredited schools to take ndb exams

by 2002 it went to 5676 from non acredited to take the same (these figures taken from ada technical report of 2004)

In realastic grounds this figure would even rise ,but they dont fall down ie it wont go less than 1845 in the coming years and as you said, lets make it through dds and say yahoo wont happen as the seats are less to contain this 5676 dentist .The seats available is less than 500 , so that means not even 10% of the foriegn trained dentist can get into the advanced standing program . All the advanced standing seats will get dried due to the enormous no of foriegn trained getting saturated AND with the diverse pool demand in school . :eek: :confused:
now you tell me what is realistic?

'We Should Try And Outshine Others Who Are Trying To Pull Us Down (your quote )
Can you explain what you meant by "others "
can you say who is the "others " you know the answer I suppose by now

others might be your close friend ,a fellow sdner ,or some of your classmates

:eek:

hello everyone said:
dear gerido,

i think so by the language you are using, doest not sound from a doctor, or you are in wrong profession. this is a descent site, and you should express your feelings in a sensible manner. Its just an advice.

thank you.

Wrong profession? What, did you read my history? I'm going to be a doctor, not the f*cking pope. I know this is going to irk you, but I'm going to be a doctor, and a very vulgar one. And I will suceed in this profession... It bothers you a little bit doesn't it?.. who the f*ck are you to tell me I'm in the wrong profession?

Khurram said:
Watch your f*cking mouth punk. Your clearly demonstrating your ignorance if thats what you think she is saying.

watch my f*cking mouth..? or what? nothing more pathetic than trying to be a tough guy over the internet. And by the way, your and you're are two different thing.. *******

well by others i meant those ppl who believe that we foreign dentists cant do much in this country..those ppl who think we havent gone to good cschools..those ppl who demean u by just knowin that u r foreign trained..i cant understand why u guys always take evrything so much to urselves..i just wanted to talk abt the ppl ho try to make us feel like fools till we actually make thru i never ever meant fellow pppl plz give me a break..my msg was sent out to inspire rather than create controversies..if u need any further clarifications letme know...
im finding it hard to believe that u think that im tryint o aim at ppl who r der with us in this hope of making thru?read my last line which says let us all strive to get into dds and say yahoo..read the qoute b4 actually jumping to conclusions
'We Should Try And Outshine Others Who Are Trying To Pull Us Down (your quote )
Can you explain what you meant by "others "
can you say who is the "others " you know the answer I suppose by now

others might be your close friend ,a fellow sdner ,or some of your classmates

:eek:[/QUOTE]

ROOPSEE said:
well by others i meant those ppl who believe that we foreign dentists cant do much in this country..those ppl who think we havent gone to good cschools..those ppl who demean u by just knowin that u r foreign trained..i cant understand why u guys always take evrything so much to urselves..i just wanted to talk abt the ppl ho try to make us feel like fools till we actually make thru i never ever meant fellow pppl plz give me a break..my msg was sent out to inspire rather than create controversies..if u need any further clarifications letme know...
im finding it hard to believe that u think that im tryint o aim at ppl who r der with us in this hope of making thru?read my last line which says let us all strive to get into dds and say yahoo..read the qoute b4 actually jumping to conclusions

hey I was not getting personal to your post, what I meant here is its not possible for all of us to get into the program as there is a deficiency of seats and growing foriegn trained dentist pool here

I am clear and realistic in my posting regarding the Seats VS Foreign dentist pool

if u took it personal I am sorry

dentsply said:
ROOPSEE said:

hey I was not getting personal to your post, what I meant here is its not possible for all of us to get into the program as there is a deficiency of seats and growing foriegn trained dentist pool here

I am clear and realistic in my posting regarding the Seats VS Foreign dentist pool

if u took it personal I am sorry
u knw wot?its frustrating ..the whole procedure and very few ppl understand that we already are dentists just that we are waiting for licensure..its really a bad long story..ppl really demean u spl ppl who have already made it thru or ppl in the programs..i am sorry if by any chance i sounded rude its just that the frustration builds up some times
roopsee

You came to the US, the US didn't invite you, you want to work here as a dentist because the money is good. Now work for it, don't whine. Learn the culture, accept the rules, and work hard. This is the land of opportunity, if you want to make lots of money, you better put in 110% effort. There is always room at the top. First it starts with respecting others and not whining. Whining is for losers who have nothing better to do, its for those who have given up.

See you at the top....the air is fresher here. :p

DED

As for motivation, I personally know a dentist who came from the UK he is Indian by origin. He came here everyone said that it is too much work to go back to school, they told him to go become an engineer. He didn't care what other people said, he got is license here. Learned the culture. He set up four clinics, now is taking home $2,000,000 a year net. He is the richest dentist from my state. Don't whine... You are doctors....leave becoming dental hygienists for the ones who want to do hygiene. What is life if you can't reach your goal of becoming a dentist? You came to the land of opportunity and you didn't make it??? Go and make sure you never regret anything. Aim high, reach for the top, and don't whine. Whining is for losers.

See you at the top....the air is fresher here.

DED

hey, we are not whining here ,(passed that age long time) we are talking about admission process for foreign trained getting tougher these days as california boards stopped ,lot of schools cut down seats in advanced standing and the amount of seats vs foriegn trained dentist pool going higher .I hope you are a foriegn trained dentsit who understand all this.

dear Gerido,

In my earlier statement i didnt use any nonsense words like you...then why you got pissed off.......... 1st of all i dont have any problem with being you a doctor..........but please change your thinking..........after becoming doctor the patints will slap you if you use these words in the clinic........again this is advice from a doctor.......have some respect for popes at least.......take it easy dude.

thanks

hello everyone said:
dear Gerido,

In my earlier statement i didnt use any nonsense words like you...then why you got pissed off.......... 1st of all i dont have any problem with being you a doctor..........but please change your thinking..........after becoming doctor the patints will slap you if you use these words in the clinic........again this is advice from a doctor.......have some respect for popes at least.......take it easy dude.

thanks

Dear hello everyone,

Bite me, dude.

thanks

P.S. After getting over yourself, people will slap you if you continue to be a self-rightious-know-it-all-preaching SOB.

gerido said:
Dear hello everyone,

Bite me, dude.

thanks

P.S. After getting over yourself, people will slap you if you continue to be a self-rightious-know-it-all-preaching SOB.

:laugh: :laugh: are you on dope? i love your posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.