A greenhand for NBDE I, questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BHM

DDS>>Ph.D. Money Counts
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 5th year Ph.D. student in basic medical research. It turned out I love science, but science does not love me. It is my 5th year in my Ph.D. program now, projects turned out not working. Cannot sleep at night. Finally woke up, DDS>>Ph.D. and money is what really matters. Anyway, first of all, I really appreciate such a great place to us (Internationally trained dentists) to discuss about the NBDE and I really appreiate those people in the post of " interest to foreign trained dentists ! " I dig out tons of useful links there. However, still unsure about where I should start with for NBDE I.

Here is some info I put together for my intial preparation for NBDE I. Pls help me to evaluate my plan:

I: Books

Review of Basic Science and Clinical Dentistry (Volume I and II),Wells

Anatomy
Anatomy for Dental Students, D R Johnson, W J Moore

Oral Anatomy
Oral Histology, Development, Structure and Function, A R Ten Cate

Physiology
Human Physiology: the mechanisms of body function, A J Vander, J Sherman, D Luciano

Oral Physiology
Biochemistry and Oral Biology, A S Cole, J E Eastoe

Pathology
General and Systemic Pathology, J C E Underwood

Oral Pathology
Oral Pathology, J V Soames, J C Southam"

II. National Board Dental Examination Reprints -

III. New Rudman's Questions and Answers for National Board Dental
Examinations

IV. Kaplan Q Bank and Lecture Notes

V. Dental Decks

I am concerned about which of these are really necessary for good references without distraction. Thank you very much for helping out. :)

Members don't see this ad.