A Few Questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krupzt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but have found this forum to be more helpful and credible then some other ones out there so I thought I'd ask you for some help. I'm anticipating applying to Podiatry school within the next months and needed some information from those of you who have already been through the process. For the letter or recs, is it necessary to send each school individual letters if I'm applying through aacpm? I wasn't too sure because I read something like that on the site. Also, how late is too late to apply for fall 2006? If anyone can shed some light, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

krupzt said:
I'm new to this forum but have found this forum to be more helpful and credible then some other ones out there so I thought I'd ask you for some help. I'm anticipating applying to Podiatry school within the next months and needed some information from those of you who have already been through the process. For the letter or recs, is it necessary to send each school individual letters if I'm applying through aacpm? I wasn't too sure because I read something like that on the site. Also, how late is too late to apply for fall 2006? If anyone can shed some light, I'd greatly appreciate it.

After you fill out the AACPM application, you should call the schools you applied to and notify that you will be sending letters of recs and transcripts. I know that some schools like Barry University will get back to you the next day for an interview, however other schools are different. Scholl says you should have all your transcripts and letters of recommendations in before being considered for an interview, I think this may be the same for Temple, Ohio, and DMU, (possibly AZPOD then too). The priority deadline for POD school applications is April 1st, and space avaliable basis is July 31st.

doclm said:
After you fill out the AACPM application, you should call the schools you applied to and notify that you will be sending letters of recs and transcripts. I know that some schools like Barry University will get back to you the next day for an interview, however other schools are different. Scholl says you should have all your transcripts and letters of recommendations in before being considered for an interview, I think this may be the same for Temple, Ohio, and DMU, (possibly AZPOD then too). The priority deadline for POD school applications is April 1st, and space avaliable basis is July 31st.

Also, I forgot to include, apply as early as you can. This will enable you to have a better chance of getting into a school of your choice and possibly getting some scholarship $$$, because it goes on the first come, first serve method.

What schools are you looking into?
Have you shadowed a Podiatrist yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
krupzt said:

Each school will want the letters of recomendation. But you can always call the schools before you send them to make sure you are sending them to the correct place.

It is never too late until classes start, however the earlier you apply the better the chances of getting in and getting money from scholarships.

Good Luck and keep us updated on which schools you visist and apply to.

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking into applying to Barry, Scholl, California, Temple and possibly Arizona however I haven't really decided which ones, they all sound good. So, to make sure I'm clear, all the schools require a copy of the LORs so I'll have to get each school a copy from those who are writing them for me? Thanks again for the help...

Things I'd consider top priority:

1. # of full-time faculty
2. DPM/MD-DO integration of classes ie. arizona, iowa, temple....
3. Size of class
4. Stats of fellow classmates or previous year's mcat average/gpa etc....
I'd look for some form of standards....
5. Read my other post on this topic for more.