A Few Questions (Majors & Dual Enrollment)

penpenclown

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a few more questions.

1. Okay, so I'm taking a ton of dual enrollment classes. When I graduate I should have a semester's worth of credits done, and they will all most likely transfer to the school I want to go to. So my question is, since I want to be pre-med, should I graduate early if I can, or would that be a bad idea? I'd also like to study abroad at some point, so that is also something I'd need to consider.

2. Also, since my several of my DE credits are in med school prereqs, would I have to retake/take higher level classes in college?

2. On majors, does my major matter at all? I've heard various things, but I'm not sure what's right. I can't decide what to major in. I'm stuck on psychology, history, and Asian languages and literature. Psych would be good if I get a BS because a lot of pre-med prereqs could count towards that. I also find it very interesting. However, I would enjoy history the most. I also want to learn Japanese, but I don't necessarily have to major or minor in it.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Remember that Dual enrollment courses do count for your AMCAS GPA. So the school you end up attending may give you credits without having the grade count for your GPA at that school, but for the purpose of applying to medical schools the grades in your dual enrollment classes count.

1. Graduating early is good. Save money. Studying abroad is fun. Overall, it really doesn't matter. Neither will make or break your app (should they matter at all).

2. No. See note above however.

3. No it really doesn't matter.

Reactions: 1 user