General Admissions & OTCAS ___________________________________________________

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virgohippie

Reaction score
Archived

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was given these interview questions to respond to in one minute or less. What things do you think I need to definitely hit in them? Or how would you go about answering these if it were you? Help!!!!

1. In one minute or less, tell us about three personal attributes/strengths you have that will make you a good fit for AU OT and the OT Profession.
  2. Fundamental values at AU OT are compassion, integrity, and inclusivity, which are essential for professional collaboration and communication. In one minute or less, tell us about your collaboration and communication style, and explain how you will demonstrate the AU OT values in your interactions with faculty, students, and future clients.
  3. In one minute or less, tell us about where you see yourself professionally in five years post-graduation. Describe how you plan to contribute to the profession.

Hmmm that is really hard haha one minute? Dang...

Well as corny as it sounds, be genuine and yourself, nothing is more valuable than that in an applicant. Also, it would be really helpful to review your resume and experiences, as you know with interviews you only have a short time to formulate an answer, so it is good to be prepared. Remember no time for fluff!

1) I would definitely tie everything back to your experiences. So for example, "I am a team-player, empathetic, and hardworking. As an OT, we often have to work in teams, which I had experienced in ______. As for empathetic and hardworking, I often had to be when I volunteered at __________.

(Keep it short and to the point) *bonus points would be if it was a group interview and you can incorporate a fellow interviewees answers into your own (it means you listened)*

2) I like to be ____________. In order to effectively help patients, it is good to be_______. For example, when I volunteered/ worked (insert applicable experience).

(Remember OT values: Being Empathetic, Caring, and Understanding also Teamwork!)

3)In five years, I hope to be working in _________. As I have always been passionate in ______ and through my volunteer experience, that just confirmed how I felt about this field. I hope to contribute by _________.

There is no wrong answer, I think it is best to have a general clue as it shows you have direction and passion coming into this field.

I hope this help! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm that is really hard haha one minute? Dang...

Well as corny as it sounds, be genuine and yourself, nothing is more valuable than that in an applicant. Also, it would be really helpful to review your resume and experiences, as you know with interviews you only have a short time to formulate an answer, so it is good to be prepared. Remember no time for fluff!

1) I would definitely tie everything back to your experiences. So for example, "I am a team-player, empathetic, and hardworking. As an OT, we often have to work in teams, which I had experienced in ______. As for empathetic and hardworking, I often had to be when I volunteered at __________.

(Keep it short and to the point) *bonus points would be if it was a group interview and you can incorporate a fellow interviewees answers into your own (it means you listened)*

2) I like to be ____________. In order to effectively help patients, it is good to be_______. For example, when I volunteered/ worked (insert applicable experience).

(Remember OT values: Being Empathetic, Caring, and Understanding also Teamwork!)

3)In five years, I hope to be working in _________. As I have always been passionate in ______ and through my volunteer experience, that just confirmed how I felt about this field. I hope to contribute by _________.

There is no wrong answer, I think it is best to have a general clue as it shows you have direction and passion coming into this field.

I hope this help! Good luck :)
Archived

Last edited: