911 Dispatcher Reprimanded

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check out this story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153369,00.html

Now I've heard the tape and I was laughing out loud. We all get stupid calls and stupid people in the ED. We all think this stuff, this poor guy just forgot his mouth was moving. I had a kid in the ER once whose mom called 911 and then demanded transport at 2 am because her 2 year old couldn't sleep. We tossed her out of the ER and she got mad because we wouldn't give her a cab voucher to get home. She got to cool it in the waiting room 'till 6 when the busses started running again. I think these leaches need a few more reality checks. They'll never stop abusing the system. But they ought to be called on it.

Members don't see this ad.

:eek: Had I had a beverage in my mouth, I would have spit it all over my computer screen.

Members don't see this ad :)
That one was funny. What gave it away that the mom was just a bitch is how fast she morphed from beeing the 'threatened distressed parent' into wanting the dispatchers head on a silver platter. (Most parents of an 'out of control' 12 year old would have gladly accepted the dispatchers offer).

I heard a different 911 tape the other day. A guy wiped out with his bike and got hurt pretty badly. One of his buddies calls 911 to report the accident. All he got from the other end was 'Too bad' and the sound of the dispatcher hanging up on him. Only on the third call-back he got an appropriate response from a different dispatcher. The state police maintains that despite the hangups, there was no delay in the dispatch of EMS and fire, the family of the kid who eventually died naturally doubts this.