8 total 2010 expansion University of Oklahoma Anesthesiology (4 PGY-1, 4 CA-1)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centig

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just a resident so if you have questions about the program or the area, please send me a message.

For information on how to apply for a spot, here is the department's contact info.

Members don't see this ad.

Are the openings start July 2010 for PGY-1?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I can not find any information about these new added spots on their website. How can I apply? whom should I contact? any further information please? Thanks!

wfgang

I'm just a resident so if you have questions about the program or the area, please send me a message.

For information on how to apply for a spot, here is the department's contact info.

If I'm not mistaken OU already had 4 spots per year. Does this mean that OU will now have 8 total spots per year in anesthesiology?

If I'm not mistaken OU already had 4 spots per year. Does this mean that OU will now have 8 total spots per year in anesthesiology?

OU currently has 8 spots per year and are expanding to 12 per year.

I'm just curious - are there any openings in other departments since there is a new transplant service?

they don't even talk to you.. they just transfer you to voicemail.. how are you supposed to apply for this? sent email, no reply. called> they transferred to voicemail. dont think they even listen to that.

they don't even talk to you.. they just transfer you to voicemail.. how are you supposed to apply for this? sent email, no reply. called> they transferred to voicemail. dont think they even listen to that.

I agree with proven that's exactly what happened to me they keep transfering the call to voice mail!!! Can anyone plzz guide me as to how to contact the prgram or atleast tell us if the positions have been filled!
Thanks.

Me too. Has anyone gotten response from them?

I agree with proven that's exactly what happened to me they keep transfering the call to voice mail!!! Can anyone plzz guide me as to how to contact the prgram or atleast tell us if the positions have been filled!
Thanks.

I spoke with them around the last week in april and they stated that the positions were pending approval from the RRC. Since this post has come out I have email and called, both with no responses. I can only imagine that they are being overwhelmed with applicants.

I was counting on the fact that these are postscramble positions and they won't get much applications. I hope that's true. Are you guys applying for PGY-1 or CA-1? and do you anticipate most of the apps will be for PGY-1 or CA-1?

Thats def a poor assumption as some of the post scramble programs who have offered programs that ive spoken with stated to have hundreds of applicants...good luck everyone

Thats def a poor assumption as some of the post scramble programs who have offered programs that ive spoken with stated to have hundreds of applicants...good luck everyone

That's painful to hear...