7/29/11 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetness34

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Though I might start up a club on this date! Good luck to you all!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

5 days!!! Yeah, I won't be pre-gaming either lol. Will be studying unfortunately. I think I'm going to wait until 5 before I check my score. I don't want to open the score up more than once! My heart can't take the nervousness/excitement more than one go! lol.

By the way, I wrote a new post on my blog: College Football Current Best Rivalries. Here it is if you guys are interested.

http://bettersport.blogspot.com/

Members don't see this ad :)
3 more days people! I am sleeping more than usual. I dont know if that is cuz I want to get better scores or not in the dream lol..hows everyone else doing? alive? elated? nervous?

3 more days people! I am sleeping more than usual. I dont know if that is cuz I want to get better scores or not in the dream lol..hows everyone else doing? alive? elated? nervous?

the nerves are definitely through the roof right now..ahhh!!

Me too! I kind of like it though. I've been working out a ton to burn off all the nervous energy haha. :thumbup:

You'll do great, no worries. If you're happy with your practice average then all will be well. I scored exactly my practice average on the real deal.

Last edited:
You'll do great, no worries. If you're happy with your practice average then all will be well. I scored exactly my practice average on the real deal.

Good to know, thanks! I'd be happy with even 3-4 points lower than my practice average. I'm trying to convince myself that people don't usually go 4 points below... so it's good to hear that you didn't!

I AM SO NERVOUS! I only hope my score is good enough to keep my application for this cycle. Good luck everyone!

....This is going to be a very interesting night....uggghhhh:scared:

Hurricane Irene postponed the first day of school until Tuesday. So I get a wild first day of teaching, score right after school ends (like many others, good score = drink! bad score = lots of drink!), and an easy day of teaching on day 2 (diagnostic) on which to cruise.

yay

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been teaching for a couple of weeks now. Both of my AP classes have tests this week that I have yet to write. I hope for their sake (and mine!) that I hit my target.

What no scores today? !! Ohh wow, as if waiting for your test scores wasn't so nerve wrecking!! :scared:

Best of luck everyone!

Not really nervous at this point.

I've somehow convinced myself I did poorly.

LMAO. So have I. I'm preparing myself for disappointment. I scheduled for the Sept. Date just in case.

Also, I have a question. Let's day I do poorly on this exam and don't want it to show on my amcas. Is that possible?

So... it's 3:05 PM, eastern time, or AM?

I was hoping to get them at midnight tonight!

Recently it has been 3:05 pm Eastern, so noon for us west coasters. That's no guarantee though, they may not be out then (I think the AAMC site says after 5pm Eastern) and they may not even be out tomorrow. (Aggghhhh).

LMAO. So have I. I'm preparing myself for disappointment. I scheduled for the Sept. Date just in case.

Also, I have a question. Let's day I do poorly on this exam and don't want it to show on my amcas. Is that possible?

Nope :-(

Recently it has been 3:05 pm Eastern, so noon for us west coasters. That's no guarantee though, they may not be out then (I think the AAMC site says after 5pm Eastern) and they may not even be out tomorrow. (Aggghhhh).

Nope :-(

Poop. Oh well, 12 hours won't kill me. I felt pretty bad about it, too (without divulging any specifics)- there was one ochem one that got me..and I thought I was good at organic!

Poop. Oh well, 12 hours won't kill me. I felt pretty bad about it, too (without divulging any specifics)- there was one ochem one that got me..and I thought I was good at organic!

One ochem problem is not going to hold you back.

School cancelled...again! Best start of the school year ever.

I'll see you all at 3:05pm. Fingers crossed. :)

SOOOOOO NERVOUS...going to make a list of things to do to get over a bad score, and definitely going to include eating chocolate in the list.

SOOOOOO NERVOUS...going to make a list of things to do to get over a bad score, and definitely going to include eating chocolate in the list.

Haha I've been doing the exact same thing, trying to plan what I'll do after I get my score. My good and bad score plans are pretty much the same. Go to my boyfriend's place, get drunk, look at score, get more drunk, order pizza, and have either celebration cake or depression donuts. I have spent the last week compulsively planning every moment of tomorrow afternoon, since it's taking my mind off of what tomorrow afternoon actually is.

Of course, if I got a bad score, I have to start cramming like hell for the Sept 10 test date and book a flight to Arizona, since there were no more spots in LA... :(

Haha I've been doing the exact same thing, trying to plan what I'll do after I get my score. My good and bad score plans are pretty much the same. Go to my boyfriend's place, get drunk, look at score, get more drunk, order pizza, and have either celebration cake or depression donuts. I have spent the last week compulsively planning every moment of tomorrow afternoon, since it's taking my mind off of what tomorrow afternoon actually is.

Of course, if I got a bad score, I have to start cramming like hell for the Sept 10 test date and book a flight to Arizona, since there were no more spots in LA... :(

Go all out and change this to "AND"! Hahaha

My plan is similar but without the boyfriend and without food..just liquid...food. :thumbup:

Yeah that organic passage was a little ridiculous I thought. Haha, I remember sitting there and thinking, "wow, even if I retook the ENTIRE YEAR of ochem, I would still be struggling here". Lol I think that's the only thing that kept me from throwing my keyboard through the window, and excaping like a discovered crack addict...

I really hope that the scores release manana. I am over this waiting business... It's supposed to be a 4 week wait, no later, right?

Yeah that organic passage was a little ridiculous I thought. Haha, I remember sitting there and thinking, "wow, even if I retook the ENTIRE YEAR of ochem, I would still be struggling here". Lol I think that's the only thing that kept me from throwing my keyboard through the window, and excaping like a discovered crack addict...

I really hope that the scores release manana. I am over this waiting business... It's supposed to be a 4 week wait, no later, right?

Definitely think its interesting that we got diff tests because mine had minimal Orgo...

One ochem problem is not going to hold you back.
Iirc there a few questions on that particular figure- but I might be mistaken (you know what stress does to your memory, and the fact that it was a month ago! xD)
I was proud of myself for getting a 36 on the practice test the day before the test, (normally 33-34s) but I forgot exactly how many I could miss out of each section and get that score again. 3? Grr...that's not very many!

I'm really glad that you had trouble with it, too! I thought I was the only one!

Definitely think its interesting that we got diff tests because mine had minimal Orgo...
It was definitely minimal Orgo, which annoyed me since that's my strength, but the Orgo that was on there wasn't something that I was familiar with.

School cancelled...again! Best start of the school year ever.

I'll see you all at 3:05pm. Fingers crossed. :)

Clever avatar, lol.. I was like... that doesn't make any OHHHHHH

oh and i'm kinda nervous now.

if i get a 25 i'll be like... yeah i guess thats right...

if i get a 35 i'll be like... yeah i guess thats right...

Clever avatar, lol.. I was like... that doesn't make any OHHHHHH

oh and i'm kinda nervous now.

if i get a 25 i'll be like... yeah i guess thats right...

if i get a 35 i'll be like... yeah i guess thats right...

Lol thats exactly my thought process. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I think about the test and say to myself, hmm a 35 seems possible. Then I think, hmm a 28 also seems possible lol. Tomorrow couldn't get here any sooner!

I felt the same way about that organic passage... And this past semester I had just taken Advanced Organic, basically a crazy third semester jam-packed with more reactions than you would ever care to know. Did it help at all? Nope. My friends who had taken biochemistry also said that it didn't make a difference. Anyways... only a little over 7 hours left if the 3:05 release is accurate. Good luck everyone!

I'm kinda in the same boat...I messed around and waited until the last minute to schedule for the next exam...there's no more test spots near me except one that is 1 hour away...and I have no car...I have NO idea how I'm going to get there. I also would have to cram for this exam because since I took the one on the 29th I've almost burned my MCAT books since then...let alone STUDIED them...:(

I'm kinda in the same boat...I messed around and waited until the last minute to schedule for the next exam...there's no more test spots near me except one that is 1 hour away...and I have no car...I have NO idea how I'm going to get there. I also would have to cram for this exam because since I took the one on the 29th I've almost burned my MCAT books since then...let alone STUDIED them...:(

Same, I haven't studied at all, plus I used up all the AAMC FL's so if I have to retake I'm really screwed haha.

Just ate so much fried food. 30+ or not, I'm throwing up around 3.

Oh, and don't forget: every time you refresh the THx screen, they dock you a point.

Good luck everyone! SO CLOSE!!
Well I am staying up all night. Its about 11.30 pm where I am at this moment. If its a good score, my dad has promised me to take to a 24 hour coffee shop lol we will see about that!

Good luck everyone! SO CLOSE!!
Well I am staying up all night. Its about 11.30 pm where I am at this moment. If its a good score, my dad has promised me to take to a 24 hour coffee shop lol we will see about that!

If i get a good score im getting more than coffee thats for sure lol

arrgghh!! I am soo scareddddddd !!! I'm a very positive person, BUT on this occasion I am expecting the worst. I am sick of reading about averages on aamc exams( anything is possible, whether that is a 35 or 25). All, I know is if my scores are not "good enough", I will retake!

I wish everyone the best of luck!!