-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluebean

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With a 7 on VR? Sorry... not gonna happen w/ a 7. The essay honestly doesn't seem to mean a whole lot (to med schools), although it might "confirm" your 7 in an adcom's eyes. Your GPA is also about 1.25 SD below the mean for an acceptee (3.65). Sorry, you're going to have to retake the MCAT and get that verbal into the double digits (min. 9, preferably 10+, esp. since you got a 7 the first time; you need to show that the 7 was the fluke and not the 9).

Wow, I've never seen a K before, but i doubt it matters. You could go DO, MD would need some work. A year of A's in post-bacc (if you've graduated) and a couple of points on that VR score would put you in a better place. You did so well on sciences, so I know you can do it!

I would try to fix the GPA first. Take some postbac work.

Retake the MCAT and get a verbal of at least 8. Anything below an 8 is usually not good enough.....

Getting at least a 3.3 should be your goal. DO would be a better option also....your MCAT is probably good enough for them with some GPA repair.